“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
Ranked #49 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hope Mills, North Carolina
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room was clean and the property is maintained pretty well. It's in a great location. It's across the street from the beach with only a very short walk to get there. This resort has plenty of pools and is a great place for families and couples that want to come and relax. One negative is internet access. The have wi-fi in all of the units, but it was like using dial-up in 1995. We tried all of the connections, but they were all bad. They had a "business center" with 2 computers, one of which was just as slow as the wi-fi in the room.
Because this is a vacation club destination they try to get you to go to a timeshare presentation when you check in. They said it would only be 90 minutes and offered a nice incentive to listen. If you are remotely interested, it will take longer than 90 minutes. You've been warned. We liked the vacation club, but it wasn't for us at this time. Our salesman Mark was super nice.
If you're looking for the Ritz Carlton, this place isn't it, but it's nice, clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the property and the location. We are nestled in a perfect location, with plenty of places to spread out and relax, as you mentioned and very easy access to tons of attractions in the area. I do apologize that you experienced trouble with your Wi-Fi connection, I hope you were able to reach out to the Tech Support Line for Wi-Fi assistance and allow them to trouble shoot the issue for a better connection. We do like to provide all of our guests with the opportunity to learn more about of and the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand. We truly believe in what vacation ownership can do for your family’s vacations experience’s, and we’re committed to helping you find the vacation ownership package that fits your lifestyle. We apologize if this took longer than we expected. Vacations are a very personal decision and we take our time to relate and personalize your tour experience. Thank you for taking the time out of your trip to sit with us, again we do apologize that it took longer than the 90 minutes. Thank you again for telling us about your stay, we hope to see you and your family back real soon!

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I really do like this resort, and our family had a great vacation in Myrtle Beach thanks to Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our two bedroom condo was nice and clean and we had a nice view overlooking the pool from our third floor unit. Plus, the beach-front building was just a very short walk away and easy to reach. There is also complimentary internet access and printing available in the club house.

Unfortunately, I can't give the resort a perfect rating for a few reasons:
-Housekeeping is only provided at the end of your stay unless you're prepared to fork over extra money for each cleaning. It is not completely uncommon at resorts to have such a policy, but most of them also have a practical solution offering at least one interim complimentary cleaning when you stay 4 days or more like we did. We didn't mind cleaning ourselves regularly, but it was a bit of a nuisance for a vacation.
-The resort only has one rather small indoor pool. Several nice outdoor pools, but none of them are heated so unless you're visiting in a warmer time of year, be prepared to not get little opportunity to swim unless you like frigid water.
-The wi-fi at the resort works intermittently but well. That's a nuisance as sometimes it would be out for an hour or so.

The downers are not a significant problem, but you should be aware of them if you choose this resort.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with your kids, make sure to get a one or two bedroom villa, depending on th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your spacious two bedroom villa overlooking the pool. You are correct, we do not provide cleaning services during your stay, as you stated, this is a pretty common practice from most Vacation Ownership resorts. If there is something that is needed, we will do our best to provide that promptly for you, however there is a nominal fee for cleaning services, if requested. I do apologize that you had trouble with the Wi-Fi connection while you were here. I certainly hope the IT support team was contacted see what may have been causing your connection issues, nonetheless, I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, I hope to see you back soon.
Forsyth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was just in town for an overnight stay for work but they made my evening great. The accommodations were a lot more than I expected and wish I'd had more time to spend on the property. When I return to Myrtle Beach this will be the place I stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
It is often difficult for the business travelers to see all that we have to offer at South Beach Resort. Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your night with us and we would be happy to host your next trip to the area. See you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with my dad and step mom as they own a timeshare here and have for 10 years. We were very impressed with the room and facility. Everything was very clean and nice. Very nice condo and furnishings. We stayed 4 days and really enjoyed ourselves. The pool was being resurfaced and lots of other maintenance items were being addressed to be ready for the upcoming summer months. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review! I loved reading about great vacation experiences. I am happy you and your family had a good time with us. We look forward to you coming back, as Owners, for many years to come!
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The property is well maintained, and has a number of amenities. The kids were looking forward to enjoying the lazy river, but that was inaccessible due to the resurfacing of the outdoor pool currently. We stayed in a two bedroom villa that had all the amenities and comforts of home so nothing was lacking. While the resort is not beachfront, it has an arrangement with a beachfront hotel directly across to facilitate this, so if you are looking for a beachfront resort, this is not it as even though the beach is on the other side of Ocean Blvd, it is quite a walk across a busy boulevard. The hotel is very conveniently located next to the airport with easy access to the boardwalk, the market common, broadway at the beach, murrell's inlet and pawley's island. It was a bit frustrating that Holiday Inn tried to pull us into attending a timeshare pitch even though we are already RCI members.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry that the kids were not able to take advantage of the Lazy River while you were staying with us. We try to plan all of the scheduled maintenance items during the most appropriate time of the year, I do apologize that it was being completed during your stay. You are correct, we are not located ocean front and it is approximately a 5 – 7 minute walk across to the beach, however we do also have the Shuttle available, that can get you to the beach and back during certain hours of the day (depending on the season). I am glad that you found the resort to be conveniently located for a lot of the attractions around town. Thank you so much for posting your review, I hope to see you back next time you come to Myrtle Beach!
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Graet check in, Impressive property, absolutely perfect 2 bedroom condo, nice and safe, beautiful pool and overall great property. I wish they had a breakfast but great value in the off season. Will go back whenh it's warmer for sure!!!!

Room Tip: all look good to me!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are certainly looking forward to your return as the weather starts to get nicer. See you soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have to say that this was an utter disappointment. My husband and I had purchased the $199 special roughly a year ago that was offered to us through Holiday Inn as we are a Priority Club Member. When we originally purchased the deal, I spoke with multiple people asking them if it was a timeshare sales pitch. They had assured me it was not, it was an offer as they are remodeling their hotels and needed word of mouth opinions after a short tour. While this seemed odd to me, we still purchased the "vacation" in good faith. Needless to say, as my husband is in the military we had difficulty booking the weekend. I was only able to get a 3 month extension as the expiration date approached otherwise we would lose the $199 as it was non-refundable even if we were unable to make the trip. So we booked the vacation close to a deployment date as he was supposed to be home in time for the weekend. It was explained that there would be another $195 fee for changing dates within a 2 week period that could not be waived, so despite his deployment date getting pushed and his inability to be there, a friend went with me so we would not lose the vacation. I was sure that if there would be a problem we would have been notified at check in.

We went to check in at our hotel, which was NOT even the hotel the tour/sales pitch would take place at, and they asked for my husband. When I said he was deployed, they just took my identification and checked us in no problem. The Holiday Inn that we stayed at was 4 miles away from the actual resort where the tour would be taking place. This hotel was nice and the staff was nice as well. As this was at a Holiday Inn I was led to believe that this would be alright and that the company understood that plans often change due to military family situations. This is definitely not the case. When my friend and I tried to go to the sales pitch at the time they had scheduled for us I was told I no longer qualified. After speaking with a "customer service" representative I was notified that there was nothing that they could do as we had already checked into the hotel. When I asked how the hotel was able to allow me to check in without my husband if this disqualified me from the deal, the representative said that the hotel is not affiliated and that they had no idea about the deal. This was the first indication that I was being tricked and trapped into paying yet more of our money to this scam. After I mentioned again that this change in my plans was due to my husband being in the military, the representative said to stop "throwing around" the military term as this did not matter as it was my fault that the plans had changed and that I had not notified them. The total lack of understanding and her condescending tone made me feel that the company just wanted our money and did not care how they got it. The representative also claimed that if I had just called them on the day of check in that they would have waived the fee to change the dates and extended it until my husband came home. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and it's much easier to say that they "would" have done something after they already have us on the line for $368 more for the vacation (that was taken during off season at the beach so a 3 night stay at a Holiday Inn, not even at the resort, would NOT cost anywhere near that). I was never told that this was an option and felt that I was trapped into booking the trip and trying to go. Forgive me for thinking that the Holiday Inn that we checked into would be affiliated with the Holiday Inn vacation and should know what is going on when someone checks in.

This whole issue is really bad business and makes one feel that the company is only interested in taking hard earned money away from customers. Even if my husband had been with me we still would not be interested in purchasing a timeshare from Holiday Inn as we had not even stayed at the resort that they wanted to sell us. How is someone supposed to decide to commit to something after just a 90 minute presentation? I just cannot believe how I was treated and that they were not able to reduce any of the fees at all despite the confusion being due to a lack of communication on their part and false advertising with the names. The representative claimed that the hotel set the fees and that is why they were unable to change the cost. When I asked the manager at the hotel, they stated that the Club Vacations representatives set the charges. This total lack of clarity and the runaround that I received has completely made me feel used and scammed by this company. I just hope that people will read reviews before committing to a non-refundable nightmare that will just lead to a high-pressure sales pitch for a resort that just isn't worth the trouble. Just use Travelocity and book elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. We are certainly sorry for any confusion related to your vacation package. Although we do not have all of the information regarding your particular package, there are certain eligibility requirements which must be met in order to receive the discounted vacation rate. We are aware that you did not actually stay with us at Holiday Inn Club Vacations South Beach Resort, where it is always our privilege, and we are proud, to serve members in the US Military. In order that we may address your concerns in greater detail, I have contacted you in a private setting. If you plan to return to the Myrtle Beach area, I hope you will stay with us at South Beach Resort so we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!