“Nice and Quite!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
Ranked #47 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Willow Spring, North Carolina
“Nice and Quite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arrived 02/15/2013 for a Valentine getaway. Was not disappointed at all. Grounds were nice, and the two bedroom condo did not fail in any area. Roomy, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. Also had extra bonus while there...it snowed! That's right snowed at the beach....we just turned on fireplace and watched Nascar race and the snow! Hope to return again.

Room Tip: If quiteness is what you desire with less traffic then stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable Valentine trip! It is certainly a rare occasion to see snow at the beach, glad you were able to. We hope to see you back, real soon!

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Buskirk, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

As i read some of the reviews i get angry. Some of you want to be pampered allllll of the time. There are washing machines and dish washers for a REASON. As for the bugs. stop whining there are bugs everywhere, you must be looking for them and all of the time. Yes it is a 50 second walk across the street to the beach. yes it is at the end of ocean blvrd. Do YOUR research before you book and be acountable for YOU. The service is poor but it is getting better.I bought with burroughs and chapin over 12 years ago but they got bought out by holiday inn club vacations. I didnt ask for this BUT I am dealing with it.THis is a family resort so if you dont like getting bumped into at the pool by KIDS than go to rodeo drive for your vacation. If you have something broken in your room then CALL and have it fixed. it is your resort you report the stuff,that is how it works. As for people whining about the towels, wash them yourselves,thats why the machines are there.This is a great place for a family vacation.

Room Tip: if you want quiet stay away from the lagoon pool facing the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review! We do provide the appliances in the rooms for our guests convenience. As you stated, we are a short walk to the beach, but we also have the complimentary shuttle that will take you to our private beach club (Breezes) and bring you back to the resort when you are ready. Thank you for also pointing out that we are a family resort. We have many pools, activities for everyone in the family and we just love to have a great time! Thank you again for all of your comments, we love hearing from our Owners
Springville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I own an RCI timeshare and used some of my points to stay here. I had never been before and was pleasantly surprised when we got to the front gate. The check-in was quick and easy, there is the part about the Holiday Inn Timeshare people bugging me but I knew it was coming so I just said no and kept on walking out the door. Our room was a 2 bedroom right by the pool on the ground floor, as I had requested, and it was very nice. It was the end of January so the out door pool was a "no go" but they have a nice indoor pool with a hot tub and steam sauna. I did use these after the long drive with family. It's across the street from the beach but not to far of a walk. I never had any trouble with the room so never really need any help from the staff, I did get a couple of phone calls from the Timeshare people and again said no thanks. (Some places they bug you much worse) All in all it was a good time with my family, the place was nice and clean with all the ammenities we could have need for a week vacation. I'll go back....but not for 3 years, due to the Timeshare policy but that's ok. I knew that going into it. I liked the slow pace of the "off season"...I could only imagine what a mad house that place must be during peak summer season.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate your feedback and I am glad you were pleased with everything our resort has to offer. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your room request and get you the exact view you were looking for! We look forward to you and your family returning in the future.
Hampstead, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We exchanged with RCI into a 2bedroom condo & thoroughly enjoyed our unit, the view of the ocean & pier, and the quieter section of Ocean Blvd. We are glad we came off season; can't imagine the traffic during season. It warmed to a wonderful 65 or 70 everyday. The unit is extremely clean, well equipped, and has the best bed we've had yet! Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for exchanging through RCI to come and stay with us! We really appreciate you choosing to stay at our property and coming to check us out. You must have been here during the small stretch of beautiful weather that we had, good for you guys! I am happy that you enjoyed you room and were able to get a great night’s sleep on that comfortable bed! It is certainly a big difference between this time of the year and the summer time hustle and bustle. Thank you for your posting your review and for the great comments! Hope to see you soon!
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Beautiful place - everything you have already read about the grounds, pool, and beach are true. Also, the service was great.

Area for improvement
Pillows - the bed was great but the pillows were awful. Thank goodness they had softer pillows in the closet for the fold out sofa. If it wasn't for that, we would not have been able to sleep.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hi there! Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the readings about our resort to be accurate. I will pass along your suggestion about the pillows, thank you for letting us know. Thankfully, the additional pillows provided in the closest were more suitable for you. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to your return!
Cheraw, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We noticed that MB was having a few days of 75 degree weather, so quickly went onto RCI and booked this resort. We had a lovely time. We had the resort to ourselves as it was the middle of Jan. Our favorite thing was the huge outdoor hot tub that was located right behind our unit. Our two bedroom unit was nice and roomy. Both rooms had king size beds and the master suite had both a walk in shower and large jetted tub. The beach is directly across the street and the resort has a nice "beach house" with pool, bathrooms, game room, ect. The beds are very comfortable, which is a big deal to me! We would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed in "G" building. Close to the huge hot tub. Loved it in the winter!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Well, you certainly came to Myrtle Beach at the perfect time! Since that week it has gotten very chilly! This morning it was 28 degrees! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the large hot tub during your stay, in January! Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to seeing you again!
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here in late december 2012 on a family trip. We had stayed here in the past and didn't have any issues. But on this trip it was a different story. Upon check in we were asked to participate in a timeshare presentation. I told the lady there that I was not interested in doing it. They call me back on the 2nd day of my stay to ask me to do it again. I told her No. The major issue I had was clean towels. We called the front desk about getting some new towels to replace the dirty ones. We were told that if we wanted the room cleaned the cost would be $ 50.00. We said NO we didn't want the room cleaned we only wanted to replace the towels. Their answer was , Yes we will do that but it will cost you $ 20.00. We were their on vacation, If we wanted to do laundry we could have stayed at home to do that. He said that we have a washing machine in our room and we could use that to wash the towels....This is what I paid over $ 125.00 per night for? I am not impressed by that. I will not stay at this hotel again. I am sure I can find a hotel that doesn't have this policy in place. I actually think they may have done this to us because we didn't want to do the Timeshare tour...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us. South Beach Resort has so many wonderful vacation options and our representatives are always anxious to share this information with our guests. However, attending a vacation presentation is entirely up to you! Just as you noted, our resort does not provide daily housekeeping services. Each of our units is serviced upon departure so that we are not intrusive to those who wish to relax and not be disturbed. I do apologize that you were not made aware of this prior to, or during, your stay. As you also mentioned, each of our spacious villas does include a washer/dryer, however, we are more than happy to provide additional terry and linen, upon request. Nonetheless, we are truly sorry for any confusion that may have occurred and we are disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your accommodations. We certainly appreciate this feedback and we hope that you will consider returning to South Beach Resort, as we would love the opportunity to provide you with a perfect vacation experience.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!