“We had a good time and the people were nice....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3000 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #62 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Springville, Alabama
“We had a good time and the people were nice....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I own an RCI timeshare and used some of my points to stay here. I had never been before and was pleasantly surprised when we got to the front gate. The check-in was quick and easy, there is the part about the Holiday Inn Timeshare people bugging me but I knew it was coming so I just said no and kept on walking out the door. Our room was a 2 bedroom right by the pool on the ground floor, as I had requested, and it was very nice. It was the end of January so the out door pool was a "no go" but they have a nice indoor pool with a hot tub and steam sauna. I did use these after the long drive with family. It's across the street from the beach but not to far of a walk. I never had any trouble with the room so never really need any help from the staff, I did get a couple of phone calls from the Timeshare people and again said no thanks. (Some places they bug you much worse) All in all it was a good time with my family, the place was nice and clean with all the ammenities we could have need for a week vacation. I'll go back....but not for 3 years, due to the Timeshare policy but that's ok. I knew that going into it. I liked the slow pace of the "off season"...I could only imagine what a mad house that place must be during peak summer season.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate your feedback and I am glad you were pleased with everything our resort has to offer. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your room request and get you the exact view you were looking for! We look forward to you and your family returning in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Hampstead, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We exchanged with RCI into a 2bedroom condo & thoroughly enjoyed our unit, the view of the ocean & pier, and the quieter section of Ocean Blvd. We are glad we came off season; can't imagine the traffic during season. It warmed to a wonderful 65 or 70 everyday. The unit is extremely clean, well equipped, and has the best bed we've had yet! Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for exchanging through RCI to come and stay with us! We really appreciate you choosing to stay at our property and coming to check us out. You must have been here during the small stretch of beautiful weather that we had, good for you guys! I am happy that you enjoyed you room and were able to get a great night’s sleep on that comfortable bed! It is certainly a big difference between this time of the year and the summer time hustle and bustle. Thank you for your posting your review and for the great comments! Hope to see you soon!
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Beautiful place - everything you have already read about the grounds, pool, and beach are true. Also, the service was great.

Area for improvement
Pillows - the bed was great but the pillows were awful. Thank goodness they had softer pillows in the closet for the fold out sofa. If it wasn't for that, we would not have been able to sleep.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hi there! Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the readings about our resort to be accurate. I will pass along your suggestion about the pillows, thank you for letting us know. Thankfully, the additional pillows provided in the closest were more suitable for you. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to your return!
Cheraw, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We noticed that MB was having a few days of 75 degree weather, so quickly went onto RCI and booked this resort. We had a lovely time. We had the resort to ourselves as it was the middle of Jan. Our favorite thing was the huge outdoor hot tub that was located right behind our unit. Our two bedroom unit was nice and roomy. Both rooms had king size beds and the master suite had both a walk in shower and large jetted tub. The beach is directly across the street and the resort has a nice "beach house" with pool, bathrooms, game room, ect. The beds are very comfortable, which is a big deal to me! We would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed in "G" building. Close to the huge hot tub. Loved it in the winter!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Well, you certainly came to Myrtle Beach at the perfect time! Since that week it has gotten very chilly! This morning it was 28 degrees! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the large hot tub during your stay, in January! Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to seeing you again!
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here in late december 2012 on a family trip. We had stayed here in the past and didn't have any issues. But on this trip it was a different story. Upon check in we were asked to participate in a timeshare presentation. I told the lady there that I was not interested in doing it. They call me back on the 2nd day of my stay to ask me to do it again. I told her No. The major issue I had was clean towels. We called the front desk about getting some new towels to replace the dirty ones. We were told that if we wanted the room cleaned the cost would be $ 50.00. We said NO we didn't want the room cleaned we only wanted to replace the towels. Their answer was , Yes we will do that but it will cost you $ 20.00. We were their on vacation, If we wanted to do laundry we could have stayed at home to do that. He said that we have a washing machine in our room and we could use that to wash the towels....This is what I paid over $ 125.00 per night for? I am not impressed by that. I will not stay at this hotel again. I am sure I can find a hotel that doesn't have this policy in place. I actually think they may have done this to us because we didn't want to do the Timeshare tour...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us. South Beach Resort has so many wonderful vacation options and our representatives are always anxious to share this information with our guests. However, attending a vacation presentation is entirely up to you! Just as you noted, our resort does not provide daily housekeeping services. Each of our units is serviced upon departure so that we are not intrusive to those who wish to relax and not be disturbed. I do apologize that you were not made aware of this prior to, or during, your stay. As you also mentioned, each of our spacious villas does include a washer/dryer, however, we are more than happy to provide additional terry and linen, upon request. Nonetheless, we are truly sorry for any confusion that may have occurred and we are disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your accommodations. We certainly appreciate this feedback and we hope that you will consider returning to South Beach Resort, as we would love the opportunity to provide you with a perfect vacation experience.
Smithfield, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Rooms were large with kitchen, bedroom,sitting area. Rooms were clean but we did not have daily housekeeping. Internet was easy to sign on and good service. At check in we were sent to an out of order room, but staff corrected their mistake quickly. Grounds were well kept and staff was friendly. We enjoyed the hot tubs and lazy river. Property is very close to airport so jets are loud at take off.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I apologize for the mix up at check in, but am glad to hear the Front Desk team rectified the situation quickly. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Check in pleasant but within minutes approached re: Holiday Club Vacations Club but there wasn't high pressure when we showed lack of interest as already had attended a presentation within six months previous. We were thanked for being a gold priority club member and given a list of amenties applicable to such....of these.....free shuttle to the beach (noted everyone seemed to have access)....free USA today...??? not everyone can pick that up in the lobby. Seriously?...access to the Oceanfront Breezes and Beach Club...really?....only for Gold members? The room we booked is a studio suite which seemed adequate for a four night stay. The pillows were so bad that we went to Walmart to buy travel pillows. We thought it would be lovely to sit on the screened balcony in the evening to sip our wine but the neighbours a/c vents onto our balcony and is very noisy detracting from the potential enjoyment. This is our first night here. I'm sure I will be writing again at the end of the nights and hoping things have improved by then.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about the resort. We greatly appreciate when Priority Club members choose us to stay with and all of our Priority Club members are very important to us. As a Priority Club member, we do like to provide you with a list of amenities that are available to you. While there are some things in the letter that are only available to Priority Club members, some of the other items are open to the majority of our guests. Since we are a vacation ownership resort and not a typical “hotel”, we try to communicate some of the differences and advantages to you as a Priority Club member. I apologize that the pillows provided in the room were not adequate for you and your family and that you purchased your own. Any time something does not meet your standards, please call the Front Desk and we will be happy to resolve the issue for you. I certainly hope that in the end you did enjoy your stay and all of the amenities. Please feel free to contact me in the future and I will do my best to accommodate you on a higher floor and make sure we have other options of pillows available for you. Thank you, again, for your review, I hope to see you back at South Beach Resort!

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!