“Beautiful Resort! Loved our room with the huge hot tub right out the back door!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3000 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #60 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cheraw, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We noticed that MB was having a few days of 75 degree weather, so quickly went onto RCI and booked this resort. We had a lovely time. We had the resort to ourselves as it was the middle of Jan. Our favorite thing was the huge outdoor hot tub that was located right behind our unit. Our two bedroom unit was nice and roomy. Both rooms had king size beds and the master suite had both a walk in shower and large jetted tub. The beach is directly across the street and the resort has a nice "beach house" with pool, bathrooms, game room, ect. The beds are very comfortable, which is a big deal to me! We would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed in "G" building. Close to the huge hot tub. Loved it in the winter!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Well, you certainly came to Myrtle Beach at the perfect time! Since that week it has gotten very chilly! This morning it was 28 degrees! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the large hot tub during your stay, in January! Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here in late december 2012 on a family trip. We had stayed here in the past and didn't have any issues. But on this trip it was a different story. Upon check in we were asked to participate in a timeshare presentation. I told the lady there that I was not interested in doing it. They call me back on the 2nd day of my stay to ask me to do it again. I told her No. The major issue I had was clean towels. We called the front desk about getting some new towels to replace the dirty ones. We were told that if we wanted the room cleaned the cost would be $ 50.00. We said NO we didn't want the room cleaned we only wanted to replace the towels. Their answer was , Yes we will do that but it will cost you $ 20.00. We were their on vacation, If we wanted to do laundry we could have stayed at home to do that. He said that we have a washing machine in our room and we could use that to wash the towels....This is what I paid over $ 125.00 per night for? I am not impressed by that. I will not stay at this hotel again. I am sure I can find a hotel that doesn't have this policy in place. I actually think they may have done this to us because we didn't want to do the Timeshare tour...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us. South Beach Resort has so many wonderful vacation options and our representatives are always anxious to share this information with our guests. However, attending a vacation presentation is entirely up to you! Just as you noted, our resort does not provide daily housekeeping services. Each of our units is serviced upon departure so that we are not intrusive to those who wish to relax and not be disturbed. I do apologize that you were not made aware of this prior to, or during, your stay. As you also mentioned, each of our spacious villas does include a washer/dryer, however, we are more than happy to provide additional terry and linen, upon request. Nonetheless, we are truly sorry for any confusion that may have occurred and we are disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your accommodations. We certainly appreciate this feedback and we hope that you will consider returning to South Beach Resort, as we would love the opportunity to provide you with a perfect vacation experience.
Smithfield, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Rooms were large with kitchen, bedroom,sitting area. Rooms were clean but we did not have daily housekeeping. Internet was easy to sign on and good service. At check in we were sent to an out of order room, but staff corrected their mistake quickly. Grounds were well kept and staff was friendly. We enjoyed the hot tubs and lazy river. Property is very close to airport so jets are loud at take off.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I apologize for the mix up at check in, but am glad to hear the Front Desk team rectified the situation quickly. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Check in pleasant but within minutes approached re: Holiday Club Vacations Club but there wasn't high pressure when we showed lack of interest as already had attended a presentation within six months previous. We were thanked for being a gold priority club member and given a list of amenties applicable to such....of these.....free shuttle to the beach (noted everyone seemed to have access)....free USA today...??? not everyone can pick that up in the lobby. Seriously?...access to the Oceanfront Breezes and Beach Club...really?....only for Gold members? The room we booked is a studio suite which seemed adequate for a four night stay. The pillows were so bad that we went to Walmart to buy travel pillows. We thought it would be lovely to sit on the screened balcony in the evening to sip our wine but the neighbours a/c vents onto our balcony and is very noisy detracting from the potential enjoyment. This is our first night here. I'm sure I will be writing again at the end of the nights and hoping things have improved by then.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about the resort. We greatly appreciate when Priority Club members choose us to stay with and all of our Priority Club members are very important to us. As a Priority Club member, we do like to provide you with a list of amenities that are available to you. While there are some things in the letter that are only available to Priority Club members, some of the other items are open to the majority of our guests. Since we are a vacation ownership resort and not a typical “hotel”, we try to communicate some of the differences and advantages to you as a Priority Club member. I apologize that the pillows provided in the room were not adequate for you and your family and that you purchased your own. Any time something does not meet your standards, please call the Front Desk and we will be happy to resolve the issue for you. I certainly hope that in the end you did enjoy your stay and all of the amenities. Please feel free to contact me in the future and I will do my best to accommodate you on a higher floor and make sure we have other options of pillows available for you. Thank you, again, for your review, I hope to see you back at South Beach Resort!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Arrived on September 14th and after getting our keys they sent us over to sales counter and offer us cash and discounts on shows, but as soon as they found out we didn't qualify everything went away including the great hospitality. We were not told that this was a timeshare resort when we booked thru Delta Vacations. We got to our room which was in building B on the bottom floor, the room was very small for paying over $100 a night. The TV had very poor reception and the wireless internet was a joke and never worked properly the whole time we were there. they give you a 1-800 number to trouble shoot it which never helped. Very disappointing stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. I will certainly make the appropriate people aware of the service that your received after checking in and the trouble with the internet connection that you experienced. I do hope that you give us another opportunity to show you everything that we have to offer next time you visit the Myrtle Beach area. Please feel free to contact me and I will ensure that we not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Thank you for posting your review.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Club Vacation resort is another great showcase of Holiday Inn Club Vacations resorts. We arrived at 12:30pm and while check-in wasn't until 4:00pm we were able to get all of the paperwork out of the way. Our package was available at 3:30pm.

Grounds
The grounds are everything you would expect. While the building layout can be confusing, it is easy enough to use courtyards, sidewalks, and landmarks to transverse the palm-tree lined and amenity filled property.

We stayed in Building E which gave us a pool view of the zero-entry pool complete with bar and waterfall feature. Obviously this was the more kid friendly pool while the 40 person hot tub was through the bathrooms on another courtyard.

The lazy-river, traditional outdoor/indoor pool, and adjoining hot tub was found across the parking lot from us.

Beach
Being in Building E, we were on the side of the property closer to the beach. Of course there is a shuttle that takes you right to the beach front clubhouse, but you might find it quicker and easier to take the short .3 mile walk if you don't have too much stuff. Crossing the 17 Business can be daunting though with heavy traffic.

The clubhouse itself was very nice and the pool gets busy, but very nice for a quick dip as you go back and forth between the beach.

The beachfront is almost overrun by the Crown Reef resort beside the clubhouse. You will find an almost impenetrable wall of for rent beach chairs and umbrellas but being in Sept it wasn't too hard to find space.

Room
Just perfect. We stayed in a 2BDR/2BTHM villa with full kitchen, washer dryer, utility closet (that you can actually put stuff in!) jacuzzi tub, full shower, and screened in porch. Two tv's one with VHS/DVD player.

Everything was cleaned immensely and the linens were resort quality with many, many pillows.

Location
As anyone in Myrtle Beach knows it is tough to get anywhere fast. While 501 takes you straight into Myrtle Beach, getting around the airport can be tough.

Once here you have a number of pharmacies and grocery stores within minutes of the resort. Damon's ribs are the closest restaurant and provide a pretty good meal for an average price.

The airport! Yes, you will see and hear airplanes come right over the beach and land west of the resort but I promise they are not that bad. Though the helicopters can be rather much.

Closing
A wonderful place for a beach trip. Location could not be better, all the Myrtle Beach activities without ever seeing them if you want to.Thank you Holiday Inn Club Vacations!

Room Tip: Building E provides the best location for the kid friendly pool while being closer to being able to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you so much for your comments on our property and the Myrtle Beach area. I am glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation with us and it certainly sounds like when you return to Myrtle Beach you will stay with us again, which is the upmost compliment of them all! I believe you have touched on a little bit of everything above. Thanks for mentioning the airplane noise, that is often a concern of travelers coming to stay with us. Sometimes just hearing the staff say “it’s not as bad as it sounds” isn’t quite enough since there is the high chance that we have just gotten used to noise, but more often than not, there is very little, if any noise. I certainly appreciate your review and look forward to having you stay with us again. When you book your next reservation, be sure to give the Front Desk a call and we can put a request in your reservation for a pool view, hopefully we will be able to accommodate that for you, again.
Hope Mills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Not located on beach side but the have a private beach access with a pool and private club. Deli food on top floor with sun bathing one second floor and tv and seating available. The pool felt amazing not crowded at all. Though the resort pictures make it look larger than it is.
At the resort the pool was amazing. It was very large and had a poolside bar. There was plenty of seating.
The room was great. 2 large bedrooms and a pullout couch. We had a view of the fountain which was nice.
I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed August 2012
SouthBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for posting your review and for your recommendation! Breeze’s Bungalow, at Breeze’s Beach Club, ocean front, is only open seasonally, but we do have food and snacks available year-round, in the Marketplace Grab & Go, located in the main Clubhouse. I am sorry that you felt the pictures online portrayed a larger property, I will look into the photos posted to ensure that they are providing an adequate expectation. I am glad you enjoyed the Lagoon Pool and did not have any trouble finding lounge chairs to relax in. Thank you again for your review. Hopefully we will see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach - South Beach? Share your experiences!