“There's No Place Like Our Windsurfer Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windsurfer Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Windsurfer Hotel
You added Windsurfer Hotel to your Saves list
210 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #87 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sterling, Virginia
“There's No Place Like Our Windsurfer Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

It takes us 8 long hours to get to Myrtle Beach. Nothing makes me any happier than to pile out of the car, walk into the Windsurfer office and hear, "Welcome Home!" There are so many good things to say about the Windsurfer, but, the staff is first and foremost. You will never get better treatment at any hotel in Myrtle Beach than you do here.

This hotel is smaller, thankfully, more intimate, than the giants that block out the sun until noon on the boulevard and then block it out after noon on the beach. The perk of this is, more sun of course, but the pools and space on the beach. The Windsurfer has two pristeen pools that are never crowded and you're never fighting for a spot on the beach. The grounds are manicured, with flowers, well trimmed bushes and beautiful palmetto trees that are very well taken care of. If you don't want to sit on the beach they have a beautiful lawn with plenty of chairs and picnic tables.

Our room has always been perfectly clean and especially so this trip. The housekeeper assigned to our floor was quick and efficient and our room always looked as it did the first day we walked in. She was a gem!

They have plenty of parking on the grounds, which is a huge plus. No matter where we parked our car. we could see it and know that it was safe. And it is always great to be able to unload your weeks worth of groceries and not have to walk two blocks and cross the boulevard to get to your hotel.

I highly recommend the Windsurfer. Once you try it, you'll be hooked like we've been for the past ten years. My son asked me this trip why we decided to leave the other hotel that we've stayed with for years and I said, "Because you whined every time we walked past the Windsurfer, asking to stay there because it was so pretty."

I'm glad he whined.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

It was purely by chance that we booked at the Windsurfer. I had not read over its reviews until now. I feel like it was a good choice and made our week in Myrtle Beach very enjoyable. Our very first night there the sky over the pier lit up with a breathtaking firework display. Everything was in close range of the hotel. My boys are 5 and 7 years old and they loved having the indoor /outdoor pool along with the beach. The elevator in this hotel is shared by all the staff so it does become slow moving and we were on the 9th floor.Overall I would do it again

lumberton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Love this place, my husband and i have been going here a couple of times a year for about seven years and we love it. The staff is awesome, remember us by name when we call to make our reservations and treat us well while we are there. if we need something, they see it is taken care of and they go out of their way to see that we are well pleased."Ms A" as others have referred to her, is the absolute greatest and treats us like family. If we want an extended stay,or to arrive a day early, she will go out of her way to the very last minute to see that she will be able to accommodate our request. All office staff are incredible as well as the maintainence and housekeeping staff we love them all....will keep going back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Logan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at Windsurfer.It is a great family hotel and it is right on the beach, and very close to 2nd. avenue pier, which was great. The rooms were clean and the maids were great.The staff was wonderful especially Cynthia and Allen. I have stayed at this hotel for the last 3 years and will continue to stay as long as I vacation in Myrtle Beach.I would recommend this hotel for anyone.The location is great because you can walk to the Ripley's haunted house and other shops along the strip. You also are only about a 10 minute drive from Broadway at The Beach....

Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Really is a great find right on the beach and really close to 2nd avenue pier. The guest were amazing and friendly. Access to the beach was 20 yards and easy. The pool was indoor/outdoor. The only downside was the elevator. One elevator which sometimes would take awhile. The rooms were clean and well supplied for a kitchen/stove/fridge. Comfy bed! Glad to stumble upon this gem. The front desk personnel were fantastic and helpful with any request (groceries, bus terminal and alternative rooms). Would recommend this hotel which was priced the same with bigger names WAY down the strip (too far from the stuff). Thanks Windsurfer for a great vac!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Keysville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

First of all, my family and I go to this hotel every year, so obviously its good. The staff is very friendly. The hotel has two buildings one that has nine floors and the other has three. It has an indoor pool with a hot tub and an outdoor pool. The population is normal but higher around holidays and local events. Very affordable for any budget. It also includes HBO and has rooms with a jacuzzi sweet. It has rooms for any size party. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't what to be in the mist of all the action.

GAMomma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Well to start off with, checking into the hotel set the mood for the week. The front desk staff was extremely friendly. After checking in we went to take a look at our room. We knew the hotel was and older one, but it was in great condition. The beds were comfortable, and the place was clean. The decor was a little outdated, but to me cleaniness and staff friendliness is more important. The staff was one of the nicest we have ever delt with. We needed more towels and the housekeeping crew brought them to us promptly. My children are younger so we spent a great deal of time at their many pools. The pools were also kept in great condition, I was really impressed. My family has been coming to Myrtle Beach for years now and we always have a great time, but I definately think that next year we will be checking back into the Windsurfer Hotel. The prices were decent for being ocean front, and the management and the staff made it that much better for me and my family.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Windsurfer Hotel? Share your experiences!