“Second time Visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Windsurfer Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Windsurfer Hotel
You added Windsurfer Hotel to your Saves list
210 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #88 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
The Plains, OH
“Second time Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went on vacation in August and stayed at the Windsurfer Hotel again. This was our third time at this hotel. We decided to check out a suite with a kitchen, two queen beds, and a room with a wall bed. This suite was not all that great. It definitely needs updated. You could not get internet access in this room at all even though they said we could. Since we did not spend a whole lot of time in our room, it was okay for the sleeping part and having an ocean view. Definitely not as good of a stay as the last time. We love the location and they have more parking available than the last time. That was a strong point. We didn't have to worry about parking. Overall, it was average compared to our other stays and the suite was not worth the price. It would not be our choice if we go back. I would rather pay more for a decent hotel stay or choose another room at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view without a suite. The suite was not worth the price.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had booked the Windsurfer Hotel a month in advance looking forward to a pleasant stay in a moderate priced hotel. Upon checking in, we were very upset when we saw our jacuzzi suite. The hotel is very old and tired and needs updating for the price they are charging. However, it is a sister hotel of the Sandy Beach which is one of the premier hotels in Myrtle Beach so the very nice man on the desk was able to transfer us to a room there. He was very obliging and understood our concerns but hey, their pictures etc. are very misleading so be very careful and check out your room before paying up front. We travel a lot and have never had a room that we were so disappointed in so we re not perpetual whiners!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Planned to stay at Windsurfer for my honeymoon. When arriving at the room I was not impressed at anything let alone cleanliness. The next morning when taking a shower I noticed black mold above the shower head and on the ceiling in the bathroom. The lady at the desk was not willing to give a refund (I paid in cash and they wanted to send a check 7-10 days later). I requested a full immediate refund and after threatening with a call to OSHA and EHA she gave me my refund and I was able to book a room at another hotel. I DO NOT RECOMMEND WINDSURFER to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012
Jonesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The windsurfer is a very friendly and clean place to stay.You have the choice of an inside pool or outside.This is great in case it rains but is still hot outside, especially for the little ones.The only complaint I have is the parking.There isn't enough places to park. To park across the street is very frustrating, but I would absolutely recomend the Windsurfer.

Room Tip: close to the boardwalk , pavillion, and the pier, where on wednesday night fireworks are shot off ov...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

5 day stay, terrible parking, room was clean but no shampoo, coffee pot with no coffee, older lady at the front desk was very rude. Left a note on my car saying that the specific parking slot was for 15 minutes check in only, although there is no sign saying that ANYWHERE and would I please move my car. I think for 380 bucks, I should be able to park anywhere I chose lol. The housekeeping staff on 5th floor were very nice. Pro's and con's as with any hotel, but overall an enjoyable stay I suppose.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Olive Branch, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I called lots of hotels before deciding on Windsurfer Hotel - photos looked fine and the price was great!
I was worried a little the closer I got - "What if I'm sorry about my choice, etc...." I couldn't have been happier! We had a terrific view from the third floor, we were convenient to everything - right next door was the 2nd Avenue Pier Restaurant - pier - and on top of the building the 2nd Avenue Bar & Grill.
Don't miss the breakfast in the restaurant - delicious and priced right! The food at lunch and in the evenings was excellent, too, at the roof balcony at the bar and grill. Right on the water - awesome.
The boardwalk took you to all the hotspots in less than 1-1/2 miles - great walk. You walk that distance, do whatever you decide in that area, then 1-1/2 miles back. Excellent and interesting walk - that way you can eat anything you like! By the way, don't miss the prime rib at the 14th Avenue Pier Restaurant. It's `1-1/2 miles north of the Windsurfer at the end of the boardwalk.

Back to the hotel, the first night we got there it was very late and we didn't think our air was cooling the way it should. I made a call first thing the next morning to the front desk and within one hour we had a brand new air conditioning system installed! Talk about cold air! They were so nice and friendly. The repairman who did the work was great. We enjoyed the pool, too. I wish my grandkids had been there to enjoy the smaller pool with the umbrella shower. It was cool.
I will definitely go back. We have not one complaint!

Room Tip: Just ask for an ocean view - you will love it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sale Creek, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband, my son, and myself stayed at the Windsurfer for four days. While it was clean and the staff was very friendly, I was rather surprised to find that they did not provide shampoo. They provided a coffee pot, but no coffee. The towels were plentiful, but could use some fabric softener. Also, there was not enough parking at the hotel and we had to park across the street on a couple of occasions. Other than that, it was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Windsurfer Hotel? Share your experiences!