“A good place to stay and play” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windsurfer Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Windsurfer Hotel
Save Saved
You added Windsurfer Hotel to your Saves list
210 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #80 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Jonesville, Virginia
“A good place to stay and play”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The windsurfer is a very friendly and clean place to stay.You have the choice of an inside pool or outside.This is great in case it rains but is still hot outside, especially for the little ones.The only complaint I have is the parking.There isn't enough places to park. To park across the street is very frustrating, but I would absolutely recomend the Windsurfer.

Room Tip: close to the boardwalk , pavillion, and the pier, where on wednesday night fireworks are shot off ov...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

5 day stay, terrible parking, room was clean but no shampoo, coffee pot with no coffee, older lady at the front desk was very rude. Left a note on my car saying that the specific parking slot was for 15 minutes check in only, although there is no sign saying that ANYWHERE and would I please move my car. I think for 380 bucks, I should be able to park anywhere I chose lol. The housekeeping staff on 5th floor were very nice. Pro's and con's as with any hotel, but overall an enjoyable stay I suppose.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Olive Branch, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I called lots of hotels before deciding on Windsurfer Hotel - photos looked fine and the price was great!
I was worried a little the closer I got - "What if I'm sorry about my choice, etc...." I couldn't have been happier! We had a terrific view from the third floor, we were convenient to everything - right next door was the 2nd Avenue Pier Restaurant - pier - and on top of the building the 2nd Avenue Bar & Grill.
Don't miss the breakfast in the restaurant - delicious and priced right! The food at lunch and in the evenings was excellent, too, at the roof balcony at the bar and grill. Right on the water - awesome.
The boardwalk took you to all the hotspots in less than 1-1/2 miles - great walk. You walk that distance, do whatever you decide in that area, then 1-1/2 miles back. Excellent and interesting walk - that way you can eat anything you like! By the way, don't miss the prime rib at the 14th Avenue Pier Restaurant. It's `1-1/2 miles north of the Windsurfer at the end of the boardwalk.

Back to the hotel, the first night we got there it was very late and we didn't think our air was cooling the way it should. I made a call first thing the next morning to the front desk and within one hour we had a brand new air conditioning system installed! Talk about cold air! They were so nice and friendly. The repairman who did the work was great. We enjoyed the pool, too. I wish my grandkids had been there to enjoy the smaller pool with the umbrella shower. It was cool.
I will definitely go back. We have not one complaint!

Room Tip: Just ask for an ocean view - you will love it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sale Creek, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband, my son, and myself stayed at the Windsurfer for four days. While it was clean and the staff was very friendly, I was rather surprised to find that they did not provide shampoo. They provided a coffee pot, but no coffee. The towels were plentiful, but could use some fabric softener. Also, there was not enough parking at the hotel and we had to park across the street on a couple of occasions. Other than that, it was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Collinsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was my first vacation to Myrtle Beach in over 16 years and I have to say THANK YOU WINDSURFER HOTEL!!!

Everything from the front desk to housekeeping was fabulous. I had read the reviews AFTEIR I had booked our room and was a bit worried about it. We were about 2 hours early and they let us go ahead and get our room. Housekeeping had cleaned but since we were early, had not had time to put clean towels in the room. This was not a problem since we were early. Within the hour, we had clean towels. I didn't expect them to provide dish detergent BUT there it was...right on the sink.

The only problem I had was my fear of heights (we were on the 7th floor). LOL The room had a great view of the beach, the pier, and the street (as long as I didn't look straight down lol).On Wednesday Night, we sat on the balcony and watched the fireworks from the pier... EXCELLENT way to watch them.

Again, Thank you so much for this wonderful vacation. We will be coming back and staying at the Windsurfer Hotel soon.

Room Tip: Although I am scared of heights....the 7th floor provided the BEST views of the beach, the pier, and...
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Once again, another perfect vacation at the Windsurfer. We were trying to remember how many years we've been staying here and I think it's been ten. We are always treated like family by the staff and we always meet the nicest people here.

I see a few complaints here and I just cannot imagine that the staff would not address the issues to your satisfaction. They take pride in this hotel and it shows. There have been renovations done over the past year, new carpet, paint and curtains. Looks great!

Some things that do need attention are the coach lights around the outdoor pool and some tiles need replacing in the pools and hot tub. No biggie.

Special thanks to Mr. Smith, Jared (I hope I spelled your name right), Javier, Mike and Sharon. And to Miss Cynthia our newest family member....we'll see you this winter and we might not go home this time!

Cindy Brooks

Room Tip: We love the 4th floor. The elevator can be busy at times and you can use the stairs and the view is...
Statesville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

room 202 first thing hair all over tub, no bowles no spachala, crumbs on floor,frying pan burnt up.stove don.t work properly,outlet by stove don,t work rust in microwave,bottom of frigerator full of water, no guard on airconditioner to keep curtains from blowing open. I was also told there was a rail at toilet and tub,not so.My Aunt is 78 years old and can,t get around good,so i would not have brought her had i known this. I expressed my displeasure to front desk and all i got was i,m sorry.

Room Tip: Don,t take room 202
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Windsurfer Hotel? Share your experiences!