“A Great Place to stay :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 33 Attractions in Myrtle Beach
Type: Beaches, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, State Parks, Outdoors
Kitchener, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“A Great Place to stay :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

FOur of us in our 20s had come down from Canada to camp at Myrtle Beach State Park in August. Our experience there was great!

It is a very quiet, nice, clean park with lots of nature around. THe campsites were spacious and we got a lot of privacy, I would recommend loop 2 campsites 165-172. Its more quiet and very few cars pass by it.

The camp rangers were very nice, I liked the idea of seniors working there, they were very helpful and enjoyed their work which reflected in their nice hospitality.

The bathrooms were relatively clean, the ones in central locations of the park that were more used were not as clean as the ones that are in more secluded areas in the park. However every early morning when i would take my shower, i would run into the cleaning lady cleaning all the bathroom stalls and shower stalls with cleaning agents. WHich went to contradict what i have read on a previous review.

THe beach was also clean, specially when you compare it to the one in central myrtle beach. For most of the day the lifeguard was on the beach, although they need more lifeguards.

All in all a great place to stay for camping or even for a day visit, We are already looking forward to going back there next year :-)

knoxville, tn
“Nasty Bathrooms/ Shower areas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

I have only 1 complaint about MB State Park. The bathrooms/ shower areas were the nastiest of any campgound I've ever stayed at!!!! I complained everyday to every worker I saw and got told it would be taken care of. Never was. I guess cleaning to them is just hosing down with water hose.
Great shade, price is right. Great atmosphere for family and kids, great beach with lifegaurds.
I hope the bathrooms and showers was just a fluke for the week we were there because this is a wonderful camp ground and area. You can save 1/2 per night over the other campgrounds.