“Parking Lot loaded with NY, NJ and PA license plates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Romana

Villa Romana
707 South Kings Hwy 7 Business (between 7th and 8th Ave South), Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-4413
843 448 4990
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 760 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Parking Lot loaded with NY, NJ and PA license plates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Need I say more? While driving on Highway 7 seeking the perfect Italian meal, I pull into Villa Romana and discover a wealth of Delaware Valley and NY license plates. As an Italian living in Eastern PA, I had a hunch this must be the right place to eat; how could all my brothers from NY, NJ, and PA be wrong!

My hunch paid off. Prepare yourself for a terrific authentic italian meal, complete with mediterranean fountain, mandolin guitars coming through the speakers, and a desert menu that you better not miss.

The menu is comprehensive and will meet your 5 course expectations if you are hungry. Your waiter will engage you quickly and promptly, serving hot bread, and your preference of H20 before making a wine selection.

I read the recommendations in Myrtle Beach by the locals and after a week of terrible (so called highly rated pizza in the region) I was thankfully grateful to have discovered the Villa Romana.

Cent'ann!

• Visited August 2013

New Bern, North Carolina
“Figo - Figata - Fantastico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

In english, simply AWESOME...Having visited Italy a few time & eaten in Italian restaurants around the world, the meal is simply one of the best we have ever had...

• Visited March 2014
Conway, South Carolina
“Outstanding Meal & Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Having just moved to SC in August we have been looking for a good Italian Restaurant besides Olive Garden. On Saturday, March 8, 2014, we found Villa Romana. From the time we walked in the door, the smell of Italian food cooking just drew me in. I told the hostess we had been to another Italian restaurant the week before and my veal parm was just OK and the drinks there were the worst ever. She said "you won't have that problem here," and she was right! We were seated promptly (we did have a 6:00 PM reservation). Our waiter Michael came over immediately and we were given water and I asked for lemon. He brought us bruschetta to start...great, I love garlic. The we had a small cold antipasta platter with genoa salami, marinated artichokes, calamata olives, fresh mozarella and provolone cheeses, also excellent, home made hot bread and sauce came to the table, and stracciiatella chicken soup...very good and our salads with the house dressing, another thumbs up. My wine also good the other place the wine was bad and tasted like vinegar. My meal was Saltimbocca Alla Romana with a vegetable medley and spaghetti on the side. My husband had Chicken Fiorentina wrapped around spinach, prosciutto ham, provolone cheese, mozarella cheese topped with mushrooms, pine nuts and a light creamy orange sauce, it was to die for. My veal was so thin and tender it melted in your mouth and the spaghetti is also home made so you can tell it is not from a box. To top it off they gave us two mini cannoli's with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle, we were so full we took them home to enjoy later and they did not disappoint. My husbands coffee was filled four times without even asking and it was all for the wonderful special price of $32.00 for the entire meal I mentioned excluding my wine and his coffee.
The chef Rinaldo came over to our table and talked to us, his wife also came over to talk to us and the accordian player Michael DelGardo also came over and played our wedding song as a request and talked to us. Everyone was no nice, personable so we felt like we were eating at an Italian friends house.
This is definately my new place to eat good Italian food at a great price. Oh and I am full Italian and I am a gourmet cook, so if this place can please me it will please anyone that likes good food. You gotta try it...thatsa ITALIAN!

• Visited March 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Italian at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Villa Romana was highly recommended by friends who have a vacation home at Myrtle Beach. We were not disappointed. Not fancy from the outside but inside is lovely. Our waiter was extremely nice, friendly and attentive. Dinner included soup, salad, bread with dipping sauce and meal. It was my husband's birthday so the accordion player came over for a serenade (without being loud and embarrassing like some places) and we were also given a delicious dessert to share.

Visited March 2014
Malaga
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is one of the best italian restaurants I have ever been to. Have never gotten a bad meal here. Food and Service is outstanding!

Visited March 2014