“Not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #163 of 760 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Soups, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Featured in "Southern Living" and "Gourmet" magazines nationally. A true landmark of the Grand Strand. The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood is the largest Calabash seafood in the world! The restaurant spectacular all-you-can-eat buffet features over 170 items created from the freshest ingredients. Operating our own private shrimp boats allows us to serve you the highest quality seafood available. Some favorites from the sea include fried, broiled and steamed selections of shrimp, oysters, scallops, clams and fish including flounder, mahi-mahi, salomon and tuna, just to name a few. You will also find deviled crab, crab cakes and of course all-you-can eat crab legs. The buffet offers a scrumptious selection of steaks, chicken, barbecue, made-to-order pastas, fresh vegetables and many more culinary creations! The abundant salad bar and homemade soups are sure to please everyone, and prize-winning hush puppies, freshly-baked breads, melt-in-your-mouth cookies, and delectable desserts are prepared daily in the restaurant's in-house bakery.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

First, I should say that I am not a fan of buffets. If you are like me and eat two plates max, this IS NOT a good deal. The cost is $30 per adult, $13 per child and drinks are additional, plus tip. For two adults and one child, and one alcoholic drink, two soft drinks + tip it was $108. My husband liked the crab legs, which I think is the draw, but honestly, my food was awful. I would have eaten more than two plates if it was good. The desserts were cheap and definitely a store bought variety that were cut and placed on the buffet. The place is huge, but the food...yuck. I have never been more angry at paying so much money for food. I tried the blackened chicken pasta and it had a very weird off-taste, I didn't even finish. The mac and cheese was bland with major pepper to add some taste. If you want a seafood buffet that is all you can eat and you don't mind the cost, go for it. However, if you have people in your party that aren't big eaters, this will be a definite waste of money for them. I recommend, splitting your party up between those that want to gorge on seafood to the point of being sick and those that would like a nicer cuisine for less cost.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Wonderful Crab Legs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wonderful variety and delicious crab legs. Worth the price! Atmosphere is phenomenal with variety of nautical replicas and antiques. Great place to take kids. Take time to walk around to the various dining rooms to look at all of the ship models.

Visited June 2013
Pickerington, Ohio
“Better This Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was here earlier in the year while on a golf trip. I was a little disappointed then with the scallops being little shreds. This time I visited with my family. I was happier with the scallops.. they were still pieces but the pieces were a little larger. (I still don't understand why they don't put whole scallops out.) They had everything stocked and ready to go even though they were extremely busy. Even though they are not as good as they use to be, I have not found a better seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Summerville, SC
“Benjamin's seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It is a good value for the money. We eat there every time we are in Myrtle Beach. If service had been better, I would have given it an excellent.

Visited April 2013
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

was the highlight of our vacation. Food buffet was off the chain something for everyone. Fun with the pirates and captains.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere