“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #158 of 761 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Soups, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Featured in "Southern Living" and "Gourmet" magazines nationally. A true landmark of the Grand Strand. The Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood is the largest Calabash seafood in the world! The restaurant spectacular all-you-can-eat buffet features over 170 items created from the freshest ingredients. Operating our own private shrimp boats allows us to serve you the highest quality seafood available. Some favorites from the sea include fried, broiled and steamed selections of shrimp, oysters, scallops, clams and fish including flounder, mahi-mahi, salomon and tuna, just to name a few. You will also find deviled crab, crab cakes and of course all-you-can eat crab legs. The buffet offers a scrumptious selection of steaks, chicken, barbecue, made-to-order pastas, fresh vegetables and many more culinary creations! The abundant salad bar and homemade soups are sure to please everyone, and prize-winning hush puppies, freshly-baked breads, melt-in-your-mouth cookies, and delectable desserts are prepared daily in the restaurant's in-house bakery.
Port Hope, Canada
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Benjamin's is one of the better seafood buffets I've been to. The parking lot is surrounded by authentic marine artifacts such as bouys, traps and old fishing boats. Once in the door uniformed employees seat you, while giving you the lay of the land. The server we had checked on us frequently and refreshed our drinks as needed. He also wrapped up a fresh batch of hush puppies for our youngest son to take home because he liked them so much.

The atmoshere is interesting for young and old. There are model ships, traps and other marine objects hung throughout the inside of the restaurant. The buffet is laid out nicely with a Calabash section, which is a variety of local seafood. There is too much to describe everything I tried, but the food is hot, fresh and plentiful. None of us ever found an emtpy tray. The food is delicious. I took a little portions in an attempt to taste as much as I could and was full before I could taste everything I wanted to. There was nothing I tried that I didn't like.

If someone in your party doesn't like seafood they'll still enjoy a great meal. There was pasta, prime rib, rib eye steak, BBQ pork, mashed potatoes and a huge variety of other things. All of it very good.

There's a good selection of desserts and a soft icecream machine that allows you to make your own cone. The flavours are vanilla, chocolate or a combination of the two in a twist.

At $30 an adult and $14 a child it's pretty expensive for dinner. However you have to keep in mind that if you were to go to a decent steak restauarant you'd easily pay $30 for prime rib or a good steak. Add seafood and your dessert and it's not a bad deal. You can also find coupons in the Myrtle Beach Monster Coupon Book for up to $4 off per adult. There are time restrictions on the coupons so read them carefully. The $4 off is for seating prior to 4 pm. After that it's $3 off per adult.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“$30 meal...go hungry!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of seafood or buffet's, so I may not be the best judge. I was a little grossed out at the amount of food , but some would be impressed. My husband was in heaven with the unlimited crab legs. I'm sure we got our monies worth just in that.
One thing that turned me off was the serving tongs laying in the food after many hands had touched them.
No way I ate my share of the meal!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Truly worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have visited this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. It's a little pricey but it is worth the price and the wait.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Myrtle Beach Seafood Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

There's really not much to say when it comes to Benjamin's Calabash Seafood, other than it's Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!!! Every time my husband and I visit Myrtle Beach, this is the ONLY seafood restaurant we'll at. Great service, selection of food is large, hot, and fresh! Never a wait and the waiter(s) have all been great! Thank you Benjamin's for excellent all-around service!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
shawsville, virginia
“great food but service is lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The food is amazing!!!! Even at $30 a person it's well worth it. Our waitress was great but the hostess that seated us left something to be desired. We were takin to the very back of the restaurant even though it wasn't busy. When we inquired about a table closer we were told that they couldn't seat us closer because of making sure their waitresses weren't over worked. Within 20 minutes of us being there the place was packed and every section was full, so what would it have hurt to give us a closer table

Visited September 2012