“A favorite of mine” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 761 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Description: Golf Magazine’s choice for “where to eat with your buddies”; here you’ll enjoy “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, giant seafood platters, award winning salads and the outrageous "Killer Dog" – a foot-long hot dog smothered in chili, cheese and fries. This large lively eatery features a wide-open show kitchen and wrap-around bar that is jam-packed with creative cocktails, wines and beer. Located on the Grand Strand’s north side- North Kings Hwy between 38th & 48th Ave.
“A favorite of mine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Every year, it gets better and better! Get the croissants, they are amazing. You will have to wait but it is worth it. Excellent choice for a nice dinner.

Visited June 2014

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Huge Portions and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was my first time at Carolina Roadhouse. We did have to wait about an hour to be seated because the place was absolutely PACKED! There were people waiting all over the place and every table was full. Once we were seated we ordered the honey croissants for an appetizer and they were delicious (another table saw ours and ordered them too!).

Our meals were excellent- the portion sizes are huge- seriously huge. I got the chicken tenders platter and there were 8 large tenders so there were plenty left over. Given the size of the portions the value for the meals is excellent.

Next time I would go I will likely call ahead to save myself the waiting time, but overall it was great and would recommend it. Especially to families and those looking for a good value.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florence, South Carolina
“Don't waste your life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

After a gorgeous day at Myrtle Beach, please don't ruin it with this joke of a "business". I can't talk about the food, because my family of five never got a chance to try it tonight on our way home to Florence. It was super crowded from the parking lot in, so we expected to wait for awhile. When the "hostess" told us that it'd be just 50-60 minutes, that was fine-we grabbed some overly sweet margaritas from the bar and sat in the waiting area inside by the hostess stand. We got there about 5 minutes before the people sitting next to us, a four top. They told them it'd be 40 minutes to wait. Well, over an hour went by, and nothing for either of us, so I decided to ask how much longer. "Just five minutes more" was the reply. Well, we and the people next to us wait another half an hour, 90 minutes total before telling the "hostess" we were leaving. No apology, no explanation, just a snotty look and a "thank you" on our way out. I mean I have worked for over a decade in the restaurant industry, so I really do understand that things come up and happen. But, an explanation or apology really does go a long way...especially if you clearly have no idea how to do your job. An overestimate rather than a gross underestimate of the wait was bad enough, but the lack of care was too much.
Please don't waste your time as we wasted our family's tonight...

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at Carolina Roadhouse, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Making our guests feel welcome is one of our highest priorities and I am very sorry that you did not experience this level of service. I would encourage you to seek a manager in the future if this were to happen anywhere as they can assure your happiness. It's unfortunate you weren't able to stay and enjoy the fare... which I promise is worth the wait!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Passing by I noticed that there were always cars in the parking lot. We stopped in for a late lunch. We both had salads and shared an appetizer. The service and food were excellent.

Visited June 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Surprisingly WONDERFUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were driving, very tired from the day, and couldn't decide where to go, so we pulled in to Carolina Roadhouse with little expectation. We were amazed the moment we walked in. We loved the interior/atmosphere. Very clean and crips with a comfy home feel. The smells were fabulous. The menu isn't the most expansive but does still have plenty to offer. I opted for the barbq rib meat sandwich because I saw it on someone elses plate. OH MY GOODNESS, it was sooooo good! everyone at the table was picking at it. My kids loved the softshell crab. Chicken tenders were homemade and great as well. We had an overall wonderful experience and can't wait to go back in July! Its a must go at the beach.

• Visited May 2014