“Mostly good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roxanne Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Roxanne Towers
You added Roxanne Towers to your Saves list
1604 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #13 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Syracuse, New York
“Mostly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading reviews and comparing prices we decided to stay at the Roxanne and got a 1 bedroom suite. The front desk people were extremely friendly upon our arrival.For the price it was very nice. It had a kitchen and a living room with a dining table that folded down into a second bed from the wall which was great because I was with a friend and we like our privacy - so I took the bedroom. The couch had another fold out bed that we didn't use. We liked it so much that we decided to come back that weekend to stay there again after a night in Charleston. When we left they promised me a 10% discount since we were coming back, which was extremely nice.
Upon returning there were two younger guys at the front desk because it was in the evening. The one with long hair refused to give me the discount unless I had an AARP card or AAA card. I don't know how to explain it except to say that he was politely RUDE. HE kept repeating he couldn't give me the discount with no reason. So I explained why but he just kept repeating it... The other young guy was helpful though and discounted one of the two nights. As he was helping us the phone rang and the first guy with the long hair answered the phone and was "politely" rude to the person who called as well! Just being short and smug with people! Some people are just miserable human beings I guess. It angered me - especially because I'm one who believes in respect for their elders but I remained calm. But one day someone's gonna let him have it.
When we left, the guy that promised me the discount was there again. He said he couldn't refund my money, but would remember me if I returned if I came back but that won't be any time soon since it was a 15 hr drive from Upstate NY - so I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. He was very nice though. A really friendly and helpful guy.
Our first room had 2 flat screen tv's. The second one, which was right next to the first one, had the old kind. So ask for them specifically....
All in all I recommend this hotel highly. Just don't check in at night when the long-haired kid is there.

Room Tip: Ask for flat screen tv's and don't check in at night. Get there before the day people leave...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Roxjam, Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
First let me say that discounts are like coupons, you must show a coupon to get the discounted rate.
Our policy for discounts is, you must show your AAA, AARP or Military card at check in to get the 10% discount. The clerks at night were doing their job and from what I have seen on the cameras were not rude. It seems the way you interacted with the front desk clerks was not appropriate. I have had many compliments on the young men who you were talking about and they get the highest praises for the way they handle check -ins and are glad to give discounts when they have the proper documentation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Pinetown, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stay hear everytime we go to Myrtle beach. We get the 2br condos. Great price. A real hidden gem. This is why i havent reviewed before. :-) They are always clean and comfortable. The best asset to Roxanne Towers is the staff. They are great!!! Hotel is safe and secure. Hotel is short distance to the shops on the strip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Overall we were pleased with our stay. We had a one bedroom condo for the two of us and it was very spacious. As others have mentioned it was clean, perhaps a little tired, but everything was in good condition. The view was amazing, and the location was perfect..close to everything we wanted to see and do. The only negative things would be we found the beds hard and uncomfortable, the bedding needs to be better quality and the bath towels were stained. We went out and bought bath towels, not a big deal. The walls were a little thin. We heard the neighbours packing up at 6:00 am Sunday morning slamming cupboard doors for over an hour. The rest of the week, our neighbours were quiet and respectful. Housekeeping came in daily to change towels, make beds and empty garbage only. No complaints there.

It was excellent value and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We choose a higher floor for the view and less noise from the pool below.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Roxanne towers are in a prime location, close to the boardwalk, Pier 14 & SkyWheel. We arrived a few hours before check in time and the staff accommodated us right away with no problems. The hotel was quiet and we didn't have any issues. We will return.

• Stayed May 2013
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

All in all we were pleased with our accommodations. The view from our 9th floor balcony was spectacular.. The hotel is within walking distance to the boardwalk. The unit was very clean with a full kitchen which would be ideal for lengthier stays (we were only there for the weekend). Be sure to note that there are different room configurations. Our bedroom was a bit claustrophobic and the window opened to the street. I enjoy listening to the ocean .. So I would have preferred a studio. I was al little disappointed with the quality of bedding. The pillows were flat and the blankets have seen better days. Still.. For what we paid it was a incredibly good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Of all the hotels, we decided on this one after reading reviews and pricing things out. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was clean and nice. In the living room, there is a bed that comes out of the wall over the dining table (the table automatically collapses down - kind of cool) The sofa also had a pull out bed. The kitchen was small but adequate. We stayed for two days, then went to Charleston for a night and our plans were to return to Myrtle Beach for the last two days of our trip. Because we liked it so much, we asked if we could get a discount if we returned to the Roxanne for the weekend, and the front desk person said he'd give us 10% off if we returned. This was all great...

When we returned, there were different front desk people - two younger guys. One thin guy with long hair would not give me the discount that I was promised. He said I needed to have a AAA card or an AARP card to get the discount and that he couldn't give us a discount for "no reason" And he kept repeating that...I explained the reason (that we were promised it if we returned) I don't know how to explain it except to say that he was politely RUDE. Very short and condescending and far from understanding and helpful. One of those people that you'd like to punch, honestly... But I was calm and patient. The second guy helped us out by discounting one of the nights - he was very understanding and helpful. While I was arranging this with the second guy, the first guy answered a phone call and was condescending to the potential customer on the line as well, so I guess I shouldn't take it personally. He's just a miserable person.

Later during our stay, I saw the guy that had originally promised me the discount and he couldn't refund my money either. Don't get me wrong, he was a good guy... He said the next time we stayed there he'd remember me and discount it then - but I'm from upstate NY so that won't be anytime soon so I doubt he will remember.

All in all I recommend this hotel highly. For the price it is great. The front desk people were very friendly also, with the exception of that one kid. Just don't check in at night when he's there.

Room Tip: Some rooms have flat screens, others don't.Ask for the ones that do. Don't check in at ni...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent April 7-12 at this hotel. We loved the place; I work at a state owned resort in Ga. So when it comes to where we stay I AM VERY PICKY and do my research. We stayed in a one bedroom. Which was fine for the four of us. This hotel did not disappoint me in the least. Very clean, all rooms have balconys, ocean views, nicely appointed kitchen & bath. Every thing in the kitchen worked great, was given fresh linen for kitchen daily, loved this touch. (of course bath linen also) Check in and out went great. No issues with using debit card. (most places puts a huge hold on them) The staff was nice & helpful. Pool area’s clean. We even seen dolphins twice from our balcony. I can not think of one bad thing to say about this property. It’s in a great location, short walk to restaurants, bars, tourist attractions.
I will stay here again and recommend others also. Samantha Dillard 

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Roxanne Towers? Share your experiences!