“First stay at Roxanne Towers, we'd stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roxanne Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Roxanne Towers
You added Roxanne Towers to your Saves list
1604 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #7 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sebastopol, California
“First stay at Roxanne Towers, we'd stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a great stay. Wifi was excellent, we found a repeater in our room - I don't know if it was servicing the whole floor or or just our room, but it made the response time very quick. The room was clean, large and very comfortable. There were pots/pans and dishes to help us cook and save a little cash. The washer and dryer worked great. The beach for this hotel is nice and large. Our room had a great view of the ocean and that seemed to be the case for all of the rooms. We only drove to the grocery store and shows, everything else was within walking distance. We walked to the sky wheel, the downtown area, minature golf and had great access to the new boardwalk area.

Yea, there was one guy at the front desk that seemed a little grumpy (maybe he was having a bad day) But only one guy and only once, we could live with that. Everyone else was extremely nice. We would easily stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor had best view Great wifi
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Roxjam, General Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for the review and your time. However, I will always make a response when I feel something is misunderstood or needs explanation etc. for past and perspective new guests. Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Tiffin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Trip Advisor is a great venue to find out information about a destination or business and I chose Roxanne Towers Myrtle Beach because of the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. Been going to Mrytle since 1987 and mostly golf trips with the buds but have been there at least 6 times on a family get together. One of the greatest beachs and beach communities I have ever been too, I love MYR. For several years we stayed at a different property each year as there was nothing special; however mid 90"s we stayed at the Breakers and fell in love with the place and it is still a great property. This time I thought I would try a new place and Trip Advisor was key to selecting The Rox. Closer to downtown and the Boardwalk/Pier than the Breakers the only thing that would be nice is a restaurant a little closer but you have a wonderful full kitchen if you want to cook your meals. We did breakfast and snacks in the room but we wanted to take advantage of the restaurant lineup. In my opinion Myrtle Beach is second to none for choice, seafood and price. My one worry was that the lady in charge of Roxanne wrote a rebuttal when 1 person out of 20 had a problem and wrote a negative review and that bothered me. My advice is cut it out as you have a great property, service, location, ammenities and you don't need to defend the Roxanne as it speaks for itself and I will be back. Booked a 2 bedroom oceanfront condo 4 nights for less than $300 a great value, to my surprise it had 2 full baths and a well stocked kitchen and washer and dryer, first time I went home from vacation with all clean clothes. We absolutely did not have one issue with the Roxanne, the reviews I had read made issue once in awhile about luggage carts;however I solved that mystery as I counted 4 that were available. Me and my wife flew in from Detroit 1 1/2 hour flight and my daughter 's family drove 12 hours from OH10. Roxanne is an older property but almost all the oceanfront properties in MYR have been there for years, wind ,surf ,salt water and sand for years you try and keep it looking new! When we walked into our room we commented on how clean and fresh it was and gave the staff a nice tip each day which we never do if we feel it is not earned. News Flash Myrtle on the Beach is clean and new and made us feel very safe, hadn't been for awhile the new Boardwalk is great and the parks are well maintained. Dolphins at noon right off shore, had a great stay at the Roxanne!

Room Tip: There is 13 floors or should I say 12 floors and the PH (pent house) looked just the same as the oth...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rocky Mount, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have been staying at the Roxanne for the last 5 years. This year could very well have been our last. We arrived at check in time only to find our room was not ready. They called an hour later to finally say it was ready. The outside pool and hot tub were closed most of our stay-no reason given. They along with the lazy river need painting-the look dirty but I watched them clean them every morning and they still looked dirty. This is a non-smoking place but the smoking on the balconies is so bad that if you aren't a smoker you cannot use your balcony. Two TV's and one remote-that didn't work until we bought new batteries for it, One the plus side the washer and dryer work well, the bed was comfortable and the maid service was great.

Room Tip: top floor and end units are less noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Roxjam, General Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Yes we have had great occupancy Sept. and Oct. and check in time is always given as 3:00. We do pre-register guests and call them when units are available sooner. We have to not only clean check-out units but also: service units, do maintenance if necessary and have the unit inspected by head housekeeping. Usually, the toughest time we have with early arrivals are of course the busiest days. The outside pool was not closed until this past week and actually it is closed only because it isn't heated. The upper pool, spa and lazy river are heated. The upper pool will also be enclosed mid month for the off-season. The spa was not closed at all. As noted on the previous response, all pools are being resurfaced this winter as we can and they are all clean and we have had no DHEC violations. The Lazy River will be first when it closes Nov. 1 and we will continue with the others. I do not understand why you didn't call the front desk for batteries for your remote or tell housekeeping especially since we do have letters in the units requesting guests to ask or inform us of their needs. . Sincerely The Roxanne Towers
Madisonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family have been vacationing in Myrtle Beach for 35 years and have stayed in several places. My husband and I discovered The Roxanne Towers about 5 years ago and fell in love with the place! Since then we have stayed there often... I recently took my mom to the beach with reservations planned by another family member., (not the Roxanne) those reservations fell through and we had no place to stay. Mom and walked into the Roxanne Towers and were imediately welcomed. Mom had broken her arm and was very tired. What a surprize we had when we walked into our unit and found a recliner...Mom could rest and look straight out at the beautiful view.
When she wanted to go to the pools or hot tub the elevator was close and quick to arrive. The Roxanne is clean, quiet, and very welcoming!!! It is conviently located a few blocks from the pavilion and close to grocery stores and shopping. As I said berore I love the Roxanne and I will return!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean and have excellent views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Roxjam, General Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We appreciate the review and are happy that we were able to assist n making this trip with your mother a happy trip. I remember speaking with you and watching you and your party come and go with such enthusiasm . I do want to mention, all our units are very uniform but also there are some slight differences per homeowners and you luckily ended up with the one unit with a recliner. I want to clarify this so that other readers and future guests will not expect all units to have one. Thank you for taking the time for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
The Roxanne Towers
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Each unit has a full kitchen. This helps with leftovers and not having to go out for every meal. Units are clean and all units face the ocean and have a balcony. Wi-fi is strong throughout the property. The location and price are great. Piggly Wiggly (grocery store) is a couple of blocks away. Just an all around great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Rustburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was our 2nd year at Roxanne Towers. When we arrived we had a short wait till our room was ready. We couldn't find a luggage cart anywhere and ended up having to carry all out stuff up by hand. This took several trips. A nice man at the front desk tried to find a cart but had no luck.Loading and unloading at this hotel is awful. There is no loading zone so you just pull up in the lot and usually block someone in and getting turned around is almost impossible with a large car. Parking across the street is great. Wish they would take a few spaces near the hotel for loading and unloading. Other than that we had no complaints. Place is clean, people are nice, conveinent to walk to a lot of places, plus it's a great value. We would recommend the Roxanne to any one and will stay again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I reserved my rooms several months ago for 3 couples. Several in my group have issues with heights. When I reserved our rooms, I was told we could be guranteed 1 room on the 5th floor & 2 rooms on the 7th, and if something lower became available we would be moved down. When we arrived we were told we had 2 rooms on the 8th floor & 1 on the 10th....The young man at the front desk was not much help, believe his name was Trey... kind of had a take it or leave it attitude. The next day I spoke to Don, I believe... very friendly, explained why we were moved & said they tried to find something lower for the ramainder of our stay, but were totally booked up & nothing available. He ended up taking some off of our charges, which was agreeable to all. To sum up, we adjusted to the heights... the rooms were very nice & most of all clean, great location,
& for the most part front desk staff was very pleasant & helpful, housekeeping did a good job, & we had a very enjoyable stay.... would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Roxjam, General Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We did have one of the units suddenly "down" on the 7th floor and could not keep the two rooms together unless we went higher. I am glad Don did made the arrangements and you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize but the night of arrival that there was no way to move anything as far as units until the next am. We have been extremely booked Sept. and limited on any modifications. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Roxanne Towers? Share your experiences!