“very clean rooms, great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roxanne Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Roxanne Towers
You added Roxanne Towers to your Saves list
1604 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #8 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“very clean rooms, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My girlfriend an I recently stayed at The Roxanne Towers for about a week in the beginning of sept/ end of august. The staff was great(super helpful). Our room had a great view and was very clean. Though we did have some noisy neighbors which isnt anyones fault, not everyone can control their children. The hotel has a great location, walking distance from a ton of stuff! I will be back for sure

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for our honeymoon. The staff was superb. Very friendly and helpful. Check-in was fast and easy. Pool, hot tub, and lazy river were all clean and great. The unit was ok. A bit dated. Including old tv, couches, and the fridge was dirty on the outside. Yuck! Very quiet at night, yet perfect location. Some units are updated...not ours though.

• Stayed September 2012
Liberty, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed at Roxanne the last 4 years that we have been to the beach.It is avery nice motel clean and very friendly.We never have to worry about anyone messing with our things if we are out.The view is awlsome. I enjoy myself so much I hate when its time to come home.We have not been this year yet but I am ready.Everything is is walking distance or you can jiut chill out by the pool or lazy river .
Dina

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Roxanne towers is a great location and has a lot going for it. However, I think the owner / management could do a bit better. We came at the tail end of the season so we totally understand some repair work will be in need that may be put off until the Fall. In my opinion the management should review the units before a new family comes in for a week or two. We also experienced some difficulties with large family groups the first week of September. Not everyone can control children so we understand.

As other reviews pointed out, the pool area needs some TLC. The pools were kept clean but the lazy river could use a coat of paint and some other repair work on or near the main pool as well. Our kids loved the lazy river as it is heated. The beach shower by the gate to the beach needs to be replaced. Coming in from the beach as it takes too long to get the sand off. The building next door, the Atlantica, had a wonderful foot sprayer that did a much better and faster job.

Roxanne Towers is so centrally located it is worth looking into. A minute walk and you're at the boardwalk, a 3 minute walk and one may be at Piggly Wiggly, K Mart, 5 beach shops or 10 different restaurants, or if it's a rainy day you can go to the Library or Park with the kids.

Room Tip: The two bedroom's have much more space.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Roxjam, Manager at Roxanne Towers, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Yes, we always have work to do in the slower months. This fall the Lazy River will be re-coated, not painted. The hallway walls are "bidded" and scheduled for painting. Yes, we notice everything and we have been at maximum capacity and will be for Sept. and October which interferes with large scale projects. We cannot re-coat the Lazy River until it is time for it to close because the guests are using it. We cannot paint hallways until, traffic is slower and that hasn't happened yet to keep guests from getting paint on them, especially children that may not observe a "Wet Paint" sign. We are eager to get these and some other projects rolling, but we have to wait until it is feasible and they are scheduled. Then we will also have to work with the weather. Thank you for your input and we hope to see you again.
East Bend, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Roxanne Towers for our 15th Wedding Anniversary from 9/5 to 9/9. We were on the 11th floor. We had a GREAT view of the ocean, the room was really clean and nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had no problems at all.I looked at a lot of hotels before choosing Roxanne Towers and I glad this is where we stayed.When we come back this is where we will stay again.Thanks most of all to the older gentleman who works the front desk, he was a pleasure to talk to. :)

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I agree with mattinheaz. We stayed from 9/1 - 8. Our room was fine along with the view except for the two TV's - the bedroom TV sound was horrible and hard to understand and the living room TV was very small. The group that was there was out of control. It made it very hard to enjoy ourselves at the pool and lazy river. I had one of kids take our own beach umbrella from us and put it in another table! We also thought the pool is in definite need of updating and repair. The floor around the pool was torn up and the pool floor and the lazy river floor were in definite need of some TLC. Also, someone was throwing garbage off the balcony, which I did report. The location is great. Lastly, the walkway to the beach needs to be trimmed of weeds/foliage, it made it hard to walk without getting scraped.

Room Tip: Ask if there's large groups staying there and if the pool area is updated.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Any time my family visits Myrtle Beach the first hotel I look to book at is Roxanne Towers hands down. We have NEVER had a bad experience in over 3 years of staying here at least 2-3 times yearly. Katherine and her staff (except 1 person that I've only seen once and probably doesn't work there anymore) are very friendly and accommodating. If we arrive early from our 6 hour drive from Atlanta they normally have our room ready and if not, they make it a priority. The housekeeping supervisor is usually ALWAYS there and makes sure things are in order. The hotel itself is centrally located, small, clean and the rooms are all ocean front and a good size with most of the comforts of home. My ONLY complaint is I wish the pool is small. So, for all of the nay sayers that don't like it and are never staying here again....good, so I can book my room without your reservation clogging up the system! Please go to another impersonal hotel with bad customer service, E-Coli, broken elevators and nobody paying attention while your car is being stolen. As for me and mine, we'll be at Roxanne Towers relaxing and enjoying the room you wish you had.

Stayed February 2012

Been to Roxanne Towers? Share your experiences!