“small, quaint bistro” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Croissants Bistro and Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 761 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert, French, Bistro
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 38th Ave North
Description: Croissants Bistro & Bakery has made a commitment to utilize the freshest local ingredients possible by forming relationships with local growers and local fishermen. Croissants Bistro and Bakery now features an online ordering service as well!
GA
“small, quaint bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very good service and food. Good menu selections. Quiet and intimate. Also has a small bakery with tempting desserts.

Port Orange, Florida
“Birthday for 24 people”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The staff was so very rude. People sat for 20 minutes with nothing but water. Probably did not have enough staff on board for an extra 24 people but they knew about this for months. Omelets were not cooked through and one had to be sent back twice.Too pricey for what we got. Pancakes on a plate with no meat for $19.00 Refused a person with severe allergies to order from the menu. Charged a guest for a side of bacon without checking with the host. How embarrassing. I questioned the extra 40 dollars for a cake we cancelled and I was told they would charge me for the few juices ordered. We should have just ordered from the menu. no special arrangements. The locals that attended will never go there again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
091361, Manager at Croissants Bistro and Bakery, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your response as we take every review as a way to learn and grow from any issues that may arise. We apologize that your visit was not to your satisfaction and will learn from this experience as well.
I am truly sorry that you felt that our staff was rude during your visit and I believe that your impression was misconstrued by the early arrival of the majority of the guest. The reservation was for 10:30 but many people showed up half an hour early for that reservation. In the minimized time, our staff was hurried in completing and finalizing task and in that hurriedness it may have been taken for rudeness. We were also advised by the host to wait until the guest of honor arrived to serve drinks and take the orders. Unfortunately, the guest of honor was exceptionally late and further extend the time that guests did not have drinks.
I agree that $19 would be an astronomical amount for a simple plate of pancakes, however the menu was chosen by the host and reflected the addition of basic beverages, and desserts that were included in the set upon price. Crab cake benedict, Fried Green Tomato BLT, and Carolina Hash were also choices that were on the menu, giving guests a wide variety of options from which to choose, and reflected a discount from the normal cost. As instructed by the host, any and all additional charges were given directly to the individuals.
Our goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of our guest, and in doing so better communication with those guest about arrival and timing is needed. We will take this into account in the future and improve in what we do.
I invite you back at your convenience to share in those improvements.
Eastern Shore Va
“always delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Their breakfast choice are wonderful. Hubby always has the eggs benedict, I choose between the french toast, eggs and bacon or omelette. Greek omlette is a favorite. These are served with a tasty potatoe casorrole. Dinners are awesome too. And then there is dessert. Its always a very tougn choice. Usually too full to eat dessert then, but isn't that what a doggy bag is for?

Edgewood, Maryland
“Great atmosphere. But pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant since it was close to the resort where I was staying. Went for breakfast. First of all, this place was very nicely decorated. Waitstaff was quick and attentive. The desserts are presented to you as soon as you arrive. And they looked great. When I looked at the menu I noticed everything was a La carte. My French Toast with 2 eggs and sausage was going to cost@ $21.00. Ok. This is Myrtle Beach... There are probably hundreds of places to get breakfast for a fraction of the cost. I couldn't justify spending over 20.00 for french Toast. So I just got coffee. Let me be clear: I would go back again if not for the atmosphere alone. For lunch or dinner. I just can't see sp pending that much for breakfast

Visited April 2013
091361, Owner at Croissants Bistro and Bakery, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about Croissants Bistro & Bakery. I felt it necessary to clarify our menu pricing. I believe you may have thought by looking at the menu that you had to order two menu items in order to have what you wanted to eat for breakfast. Mon-Fri we offer French Toast for $9. You can add eggs to the order for $1.25 each. On Saturday and Sunday we offer a different version of French Toast, Bananas Foster French Toast, which is $11. You may also add eggs at $1.25 each to this order. I hope you are still in town so that you will be able to come back to Croissants to enjoy more than our coffee, which is pretty good. It is from Vienna Coffee Company, and is used in well known five star bed and breakfasts.
Georgetown, Kentucky
“Mini Mommy Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We were in MB for Spring Break. We had a late lunch ao no one was wanting dinner, but I wanted a good chocolate dessert. I found this place on TA. The atmosphere was wonderful. Quiet, lighting perfect and pleasant table setting. I had the chocolate cake and coffee. My husband had the chocolate mousse. My son had a chocolate cookie prepped on a plate with chocolate syrup swirls. His 9 yo brain and stomach were in heaven. All the desserts were delicious...some of the best we have experienced and we travel a lot. The portions were so large that we had to have a carry out box. We will def go back as a family for dessert. And hubs and I will def have a date nt there on our next trip to MB. The service was nice and respectful, but its a laid back atmosphere dont expect a bustling waiter or someone to hover over you. It was just what I would want in a dining experience at this type of restaurant.

• Visited April 2013