“Worst Service Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 700 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
myrtel beach
“Worst Service Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

I had Called There 30 times exact i checked on my cell phone we were looking to ask questions about their menu and when someone finnally did answer it was the kitchen and they were being veryyyyy veryyy rude to me saying well this is the wrong extention when this is the ONLY number listed in the phonebook Horrible place to eat

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Venice
“Not up to expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

After only a short wait on a busy evening, we were escorted to a window table next to a door which was open a good bit of the time with cold breezes blowing in on us. The menu offered a variety of dishes, but the presentation of these dishes, whether appetizer or entrée, was poor. The fish was plopped on the dish without lettuce leaf or other accompaniment so it looked like what one could expect at some no-name fish house. Although we ordered baked potatoes, the accompanying sour cream and chives and butter didn't get to the table until we were more than half-way through the meal. The waitress seemed only slightly interested in us. Granted, it was a busy evening, but someone should have checked on us. The prices are much too high for the quality of the food, presentation and service.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite to dine in The Grand Strand. Been there forever in an old Cape Cod style house. Neat little bar and try...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

My favorite to dine in The Grand Strand. Been there forever in an old Cape Cod style house. Neat little bar and try to get a table by the window as the sun is setting. Their bisque is very good and if you like fried seafood, it is better than most. Great atmosphere, great food, great service and meet new friends.

Ohio
“Not As Good As it Used to Be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

We have been going to Sea Captains for a number of years and I just don't think it is as good as it used to be. I used to love to go there because I thought of it as one of the last vestiges of old Myrtle Beach.

I was disappointed when they sold their old parking lot to the complex next door so they could put in a pool. I felt it took a lot of the charm away.

My perception is that they are on a lot of tour group stops and consequently "rest on their laurels". Our last experience was mixed. We went in after the traditional lunch hour, requested and received a table by the window. Our server was nice but a bit scattered. My husband had a forgettable entree type salad. I had the she crab soup which was excellent. If you go, stick to the she crab soup and get a sandwich on the way home.

Monroe, New York
“Disappointed by recommendations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Several people told us this would be a great place for dinner while we were in Myrtle Beach for vacation. We were told the food was great, reasonably priced, and that the location was family friendly for our 3 year old and 6 month old. Well, we felt that the food was adequate at best, and there were very few other children in the restaurant. We were surrounded by older couples and felt a great deal of pressure to keep our kids quiet the whole meal. The food was only ok and still felt a little on the pricey side. My husband and I both had dishes with scallops in them that were totally overpowered by the sauce they were served in. My salad was drowning in dressing. Overall we felt rushed to get out before our son made too much ruckus. Only ok, there were probably much better options for us.