“Deserves six stars! Twice in one day!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 760 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Hughesville, MD
“Deserves six stars! Twice in one day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I drove past this restaurant and I immediately wanted to go, looks very inviting and on the water. We went for lunch at 11:30a and were immediately seated on upper indoor level. Although away from the window, we still had a nice view of the water. My husband had a bloody mary for $4 which he enjoyed. He had the jambalaya and loved it. I had the special which was baked scallops and mushrooms in a white wine sauce with a side of steamed vegetables (broccoli, squash, zucchini) and it came with a piece of white chocolate cheesecake. My meal was only $15 including dessert and every bite of every item was fantastic. Nice atmosphere, pleasant and attentive staff. By the time we left, the restaurant was about 80% full. I was so impressed that we took my mother and step-father who we were visiting in Myrtle Beach to dinner there the same night. They said they have heard a lot of nice things about the restaurant but have never been so they were very excited to go. The four of us arrived for dinner at 6:00p (Sunday) and were seated immediately. The restaurant was about 80% full upon our arrival. Prices were a little on the higher side for dinner but since we were treating, I told my mom and step-father to order whatever they wished. My husband ordered a martini and I a cosmopolitan, both drinks were very good. We were seated on the lower deck patio and had a great view of the water. They give you complimentary hush puppies with a trace of onion that are very good. My mother really wanted one of the specials which was a crusted grouper but she did not order it because she felt $30 was too high. Instead she had broiled scallops, side salad and baked potato which she thoroughly enjoyed. The menu allows you to choose between small and normal portions. My step father ordered one of the specials which was shrimp linguini in a three cheese sauce. He was unable to eat it all, therefore, had some to take home for lunch the next day. I ordered the normal size of broiled shrimp with a salad and baked potato. I was pretty hungry, therefore, able to eat every bite and it was wonderful. I did not count the number of large shrimp, probably about ten. My husband had the flounder which he said was very good. Our total bill which was two mixed drinks and four entrees (one small, two normal and one special) was $113 which I thought was a fair price for the wonderful food, great service and atmosphere we enjoyed. I have been coming to Myrtle Beach about three times a year for the past seven years and this is one of the best places I have eaten at. This will definitely be a regular stop from now on for my husband and I when we visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Galloway, New Jersey
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great restaurant. I would advise a reservation as they are always crowded. Parking across the street. Golf cart shuttle to front door if needed. Excellent selection. Fabulous spicy Jambalaya!!! Have it every time I go.

Visited May 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Wonderful, as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had the Seafood Platter. Generous portions, great fried oysters! The grilled fish was a bit bland, but otherwise a wonderful meal. Service was excellent.

Visited January 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“AWESOME Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We noticed this restaurant up the street from our hotel. I convinced the gang to give it a try for Sunday breakfast because it was directly on the beach and looked local, well-established, and relaxed - - and it wasn't a chain restaurant. Proud to say, I picked it right again. The staff was outstanding - the gentleman attending the buffet had worked there for 20 years. The food was great. The interior very relaxed and home-like. Wish we had time to dry for lunch or dinner. Will definitely go back next time we vacation there.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fleetwood, PA
“Best View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We always have to eat at the Sea Captain's House when in Myrtle Beach. Very welcoming service, and great food.

Visited January 2013