We just returned from our stay at Kingston Plantation. We rented from an individual. Our condo in Brighton was great. The unit was a three bedroom/three bath lockout. We were traveling with friends and rented the entire unit. It was great to have three bathrooms. Each family had their own bathroom. The view is listed as oceanview which worried me, but it was great. You could easily see the ocean just like an oceanfrontview if you angled your chair. The furnishing were what you would expect to find in an upper-middle class home. In fact, it had the same sectional couch that I have in my living room. The splash park entertained the kids for several days. My mom enjoyed the well furnished balcony. The kitchen had every appliance and utitensil that you could ever need. There was plenty of silverware and dishes for three families. The housekeeping staff did a good job keeping things clean. All of this was impressive but I was most impressed by the elevators. Yes, the elevators. Every year the elevators in the other places we stayed were so slow you spent half your time waiting. At Brighton the elevators were quick. The grounds were well kept and security was always in sight. the activities were well supervised. We counted eight lifegaurds at the water park. The children' s activites were well staffed and the staff worked well with children. I felt the price we paid was a good deal for all that we got.
Now for the bad news. Check -in really is the worst. We arrived a little early (2:00-2:30). Check-in is printed as 3:00. We went to Wal-Mart and figured that it would be ready when we returned. The line to check-in was almost out the door and there were only two people working the desk. We finally got in our room at 4:00 which the desk person said was check-in even though it was printed on the paperwork as 3:00. We were lucky. On Sunday, I went to get a coffee and people were still waiting to get in their room at 7:00p.m. This is a real issue for the resort. Also, the front desk did not alert housekeeping that we were to receive daily housekeeping. We didn't get our room cleaned the second day and I didn't call the lady we rented from until Monday. When I called housekeeping to find out why, the front desk check-in did not indicate to housekeeping that we were to have housekeeoing. Housekeeping apologized and took care of the problem but the front desk offered no apology.
Overall, we will return and hope that check-in goes better.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Plantation Condos Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation Condos Hotel
- Hilton Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Kingston Plantation
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach Sc
- Kingston Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation
- Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton are privately owned condos managed by Hilton and are located in north Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on the Grand Strand. Nestled on 145 lush acres along a mile-long stretch of Myrtle Beach, our condo rentals and vacation villas are close to area attractions, dining and recreation. Choose a spacious vacation condominium, lodge or villa with all the amenities you need, managed by the brand that you trust. Condo options range from large guest rooms in beachfront towers to four-bedroom villas, many with full kitchens and washer/dryers. Kingston Resort amenities available to those who book through Hilton include nine pools, a Sport and Health Club, and Splash Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Kingston Plantation Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.