Another great stay on this property is concluding tonight. This time, and for the second time we are staying at the Royal Palms condos in Kingston Plantation.. It was only my wife and i this trip so we were looking for smaller accommodations this time. The Royal Palms was the trick. This property has many 2-4 bedroom condos to rent. What we did not know is that they also have regular sized hotel rooms. All the rooms have ocean views and all are with king size beds. At 219 a night plus tax, it was a bargain for such a nice location. Especially on Memorial day weekend. When you stay at the Kingston Plantation, you have access to the whole resort and properties including the Hilton hotel with its restaurants and pools as well as the Embassy suites. The pool at the Palms is very nice but is shaded by the building in the afternoon. This is very nice for kids and fold wanting to swim out of the hot sun. If you are a sun worshiper, just take the very short walk next door to the Hilton and its 3 pools and cabana. They are all in the sun all day. There are quite a few lounge chairs around its lush tropical area. We found a spot away form the hustle bustle behind the cabana on a deck next to the beach. We could lounge with the ocean in site but not have to deal with the sand or renting chairs at the beach. Waiters came by to take our order if we wanted anything and there were umbrellas if you want shade. The cabana bar serves all the normal and some abnormal tropical drinks. Pricing seemed a little high but hey its the beach and your at the Hilton. We ate breakfast at the Hilton s Breakfast buffet. It was pricey at 15.00 per but the food was very good and the selection large. They custom cook omelettes and waffles as well as eggs if you do not want them scrambled. there is juice and fruit, all part of the buffet. The restaurant overlooks the ocean and pool naturally. There are complimentary towels at the pool so no need to bring your own. There was a fantastic live band playing this weekend and many people danced at the pool. We had lunch at the cabana one day. We had burgers and fried potato chips. The burger was good but the chips were fantastic. They were fried crisp and served with a onion dip. The next day we ate their barbecue cookout lunch special. 16.00 per person. They had a choice of a quarter rack of ribs or a half BBQ chicken. We selected one of each. They also had sides of grilled corn on the cob, coleslaw and potato salad. The chicken was pretty good. Te ribs were cooked well nut the portion was small and the dry rub they used was not to my liking. I would have preferred no rub or basted with a sauce.
They served a sauce in the side that was just OK, nothing special. The potato salad was awful in my opinion. It was made with way too much mustard. The coleslaw was good. It was not too sweet and not too tangy. I thought the price paid was too high for the quality of the meal.
Too sum up, we find this resort to be the best in North Myrtle. There is beach activity, tennis, their own golf course, as well as restaurants. You are still just a very short drive from Barefoot Landing, and only 20 minutes from Calabash. I would highly recommend this resort for couples and family s.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Plantation Condos Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation Condos Hotel
- Hilton Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Kingston Plantation
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach Sc
- Kingston Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation
- Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton are privately owned condos managed by Hilton and are located in north Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on the Grand Strand. Nestled on 145 lush acres along a mile-long stretch of Myrtle Beach, our condo rentals and vacation villas are close to area attractions, dining and recreation. Choose a spacious vacation condominium, lodge or villa with all the amenities you need, managed by the brand that you trust. Condo options range from large guest rooms in beachfront towers to four-bedroom villas, many with full kitchens and washer/dryers. Kingston Resort amenities available to those who book through Hilton include nine pools, a Sport and Health Club, and Splash Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Kingston Plantation Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.