“Very Good Family Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #475 of 760 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Very Good Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Come Hungry and be treated to fine breakfast and luncheon meals. The owner, Spiro Steiner is most always there, but all the wait staff and employees are friendly and eager to make your dining a pleasurable experience. We have been coming to this restaurant for the past six years and highly recommend it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Bad choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The waitress was pretty un-accommodating when we were asking about simple substitutions. Food was not very good, although the waffles weren't bad. The price was outrageous for diner food. The waitstaff was unprofessional, socializing and dancing around with each other right behind our table, and we sat there for awhile before she finally brought our check

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Mom & Pop are waiting To feed you :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is a Mom & Pop place with nice old pics, cute Muriel in back and good food. We had breakfast and it was excellent. Pancakes were perfect and my over easy eggs were done right ;)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sumter, South Carolina
“It's ok diner food. Greasy fries and the basic sandwich selection.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Daughter had grilled cheese and cheese was not melted. Staff friendly and self seating. Cleanliness was ok, bathrooms not so clean. We were so hungry we stopped at first family restaurant we came across on our way to the hotel.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina, USA
“Should have walked out as soon as I walked in.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I walked into Akels this morning with my husband and 4 year old daughter. The hostess saw us standing there and instead of acknowledging our prescence with a simple hello, I'll be with you in a minute, she simply ignored us. We continued to stand there for several minutes and finally the hostess pointed to us and had someone else seat us. Our waitress was nice and pleasant but she seemed frazzled. She got our drink orders right away but took the drink and food orders of a family of six sitting beside us, before taking our food order. That took awhile. Finally she took our order. As we waited, and waited, we noticed several tables that were seated after us received their food long before we did. Because we were very hungry, we were hyper sensitive to everything around us. The owner and/or manager stopped at several tables behind us to greet customers and make small talk. He did not acknowledge my family. Our food finally came and my husband's order was wrong, my bacon was soggy and the waitress did not bring out the fruit we ordered. We waited, and waited. We got the fruit, but no syrup or napkins. We waited and waited. Finally, I got up to ask the same hostess who ignored us earlier if I could speak with the manager. She told me he was in the kitchen and asked if she could help. I explained everything in a very calm, polite voice. She came to the table where my husband began to explain his thoughts in a calm, polite voice. She seemed to get agitated and told him "we're busy." He became annoyed and pulled out his wallet and said "we're leaving, what do we owe you?" She said, "just get up and leave." I was stunned by this poor service and the lack of desire to do anything about our valid concerns. The interior was dated and dingy. The bathroom was also icky. Awful, awful, awful restaurant.

• Visited July 2012