“OK, but not amazing” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aspen Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 760 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 51st Avenue North
Toronto, Canada
“OK, but not amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was impressed with all of the reviews I read about the Aspen Grille on Trip Advisor. The service was outstanding and the fried green tomatoes with crab did not disappoint (yummy), but I had their signature dish: Veal Aspen and it was average. The sauce was bland. My salad with goat's cheese was good. I should have stuck with appetizers. My husband thought his seafood was just ok.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“DELECTABLE FOOD AND SERVICE WITH A SMILE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Nestled in a tiny shoppiing center, Aspen Grille is a gourmet restaurant which can compete with the the best of fine dining establishments. The place is immaculate though there is no water view or a dynamite setting. The tables are large enough and positioned so that you have privacy, but feel a part of the scene. We were there early on a Friday night in July. We made a reservation and were seated promptly. A hostess showed us to our table and remembered that my companion had been there recently. The service was excellent; our server also remembered my companion. Water was brought quickly to the table. Warm bread appeared without requesting it. My companion raved about the fresh salad. We both ordered crab cakes. When we requested a substitution to the side items, our server said that would not be a problem. The crab cakes, garlic mashed potatoes and fresh aparagus were delicious. We shared peach cobbler for dessert.

Wine by the glass was pricey; a glass of Gloria Ferrer bubbly was wonderful but at $11 a glass it was too expensive. Red wines by the glass started at $8, need I say more? There is a Happy Hour at the Bar, but if you are at a table for dinner, you do not get the benefit of the reduced prices..I felt this was really unfair. We were there early for dinner. If you go a bit later, you will enjoy the music.

TIP: GO EARLY. HAVE A COCKTAIL AT THE HAPPY HOUR BAR; THEN PROCEED TO A TABLE. THE BAR IS COMFORTABLE AND INVITING.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Perfect meal to enjoy while vacationing at MB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We made a reservation and were immediately seated. Our server Cade did a great job of telling us about the specials and was extremely helpful with menu questions. We had our kids (12 & 15) with us. We ordered an appetizer, soups, and four entrees and everything was delicious. We were impressed with all of the food. We got our dessert to go because we were all so full. Great place, great service & wonderful atmosphere. Definitely worth the money and the prompt service saved us time to walk on the beach after dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“EXCELLENT DINING ON THE GRAND STRAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011 via mobile

Been coming to MB for years..probably the best fine dining experience I have had down here...great for a romantic night out...High quality seafood/steaks/spirits

Chapin, South Carolina
“THE most amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I recently dined here for our fifth wedding anniversary. We were on vacation and knew we wanted to try someplace different, so when we saw a billboard for Aspen Grille, we decided to try it. Everything about this place was amazing! Our server treated us like we were her only table, the food was delicious and the perfect portion size, and the atmosphere was great for our romantic evening out. I cannot say enough great things about Aspen Grille - my only problem is that we live three hours away, limiting how often we'll be able to dine here! I would reccommend this restaurant to anyone who will be visiting the Myrtle Beach area:)

• Visited June 2011