“If it's Monday it must be Pork Chop Night” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dessert
Dining options: Dessert
Youngstown, Ohio
“If it's Monday it must be Pork Chop Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I always enjoyed going to Victoria's especially on Mondays for "Pork Chop Night"-the pork chops are great as are the 3 sides. The staff is very pleasant and the portions are huge. I recently moved to Ohio and have never come across anything up North like their fried pork chops. I miss it every Monday!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“When one loves their mom or grandmothers meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The subject says it all, wait staff Sunshine, Precious, and Matt are prompt and goes the extra mile, the food you would think your mother prepared. Ate several times, worth the wait, surprised on the prices. Should be voted the best od the beach. Keep this place a secret.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Island, New York
“Good, home, southern cooking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is what food would taste like if your mom was a good cook! "Down home" does not begin to describe this place, or its food. I don't know who is in the kitchen cooking, but this is your basic GOOD food. We went for breakfast and the family claimed the French toast was the best they ever had - the eggs, bacon and home fries were terrific and my pancakes were really good. This is Southern cooking - lots of butter, many items only come fried, the portions are generous and the price is cheap by today's standards. Each meal was about $5 or $6.
The atmosphere is that of a loving luncheonette - regulars perched at the counter, families filling the booths and everybody probably knows everybody. We loved it! This may not be fine dining, but you will leave happy and satisfied - I guarantee it!
The waitresses are super friendly and their southern drawls some of the strongest and their smiles the brightest. Everyone here was happy and they made us feel like they were happy to have us there.
The platters of fried chicken looked delish and we vowed to go back one night for dinner. Believe it or not, every table was taken, every counter seat spoken for - from when we got there til we left. That speaks for itself.
As a side note, I must say I was so surprised to see "smoking tables." Nobody seemed to mind and neither did we. This is a place full of locals and you get that flavor from the people and the food. Check it out......I doubt you will be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great veggies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This place reminded me of my Grandmothers cooking. Yummy. Our waitress was attentive and helpful. Food was served promptly. Will definitely come back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wilmington, Delaware
“Delicious food and a home atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Sure, you can spend your hard earned money on some fancy restaurant but you just have to take a chance and try this place. Rock bottom prices and a touch of good ol'cooking coming your way. Please don't expect much in atmosphere but the food is good and plenty for the average eater. You choose either the meat with 3 sides or meat with 2 sides and dessert. They have house specials every day along with veggie platters, too. I had the ham steak platter with 3 sides of green beans, salad and Mac and cheese. My husband had hamburger steak with onions and gravy, Mac and cheese, salad and dessert. We both enjoyed the food and my hubby 's dessert looked amazing. Under 15 bucks for food and drink(non alcoholic). The place is not horrible but some may be put off but just try it! You won't be sorry :-)

• Visited September 2013