“a jewel in mb” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Fishkill, New York
“a jewel in mb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

terrific dinners. Can't beat the early bird specials!
Best weiner schnitzel around.
usual breakfast buffet with eggs cooked to order.
Wish the breakfast servers would smile once in a while but the dinner servers are great. I've been here many times and have never been disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Decent meal, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

While vacationing in Myrtle Beach, my wife and I decided to stay close to our hotel for dinner, while the kids were enjoying the pizza/movie kids night out. It was very nice to have a little time to ourselves after all of the family time through the beginning part of the week. After reviewing the menu online, we both already had an idea of what we were going to order.

We were greeted and seated promptly at a table overlooking the kid pool area. Without going through the step by step process of our entire meal, I will cut to the chase. My wife and I ordered the 8oz fillet and split an order of asparagus. The rolls that we were given were hard. I'm not sure if they were supposed to be or not, but they almost seemed like they were old. Salads and dressing options were nice. I enjoyed the raspberry while my wife had the house. Both were very good. When the meal arrived, I was somewhat disappointed by the order of asparagus. We were given what I would call "coffee straw" sized asparagus. It was delicious, but I guess I expected a little larger serving. My wife had the baked potato, while I opted for pan fried. Both options were delicious. The fillet, while being cooked perfectly, was not as flavorful as I would have imagined. I normally cook my steaks with kosher salt and coarse black pepper, but the steaks we received had no additional seasoning whatsoever. Understanding that everyone prefers their steaks a certain way, I wish that there had been some more flavor to the meat. Dessert was awesome cherries jubilee cooked tableside. That was pretty cool and delicious to boot.

To summarize, our meal was generally good. We were satisfied and left with full bellies, but we both had wished to have a little more flavor with the steaks. The service was fantastic. I would say that the service was on par with some of the finer steakhouses that we have been to, but the food, while good, only just missed the mark.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sparta, New Jersey
“Very Good Breakfast Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I only ate at Martin's for breakfast. I had the breakfast buffet each morning. The omelet station was excellent as the chef did a good job cooking the eggs to order. There was also fresh fruit and an assortment of other hot dishes each morning. They also had assorted pastries and danishes. The service was attentive as my coffee cup never ran empty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Classy and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I liked the Lobster Thermadore. Didn't like how quiet it was in there. They need to turn the background music up a little so that you don't feel like you're eavesdropping on everyone else's conversation.

Visited July 2013
st. albans, wv
“Great Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our annual trip to Martin's for Early Bird specials. The Salmon and Scallops Francese style seafood is just awesome. Early bird menu is 4-6:30 which saves you about $ 6.00 per plate. Friendly atmosphere with quality food. Inside the Long Bay Resort on 74th.

Visited July 2013