“Summer is not complete without a stop here” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Eastern Shore Va
“Summer is not complete without a stop here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Now it is not a huge restaurant but you can get authentic German food and beer. They make you feel like family. And then there is the potatoe pancake...yum. Make sure you mention you want them when making reservation or be paitent if you drop in an dorder them...it is worth the wait.

Visited April 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Weirdly Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Bodo's is unlike any bar that you will ever go to. When you first walk through the door it's almost like you've entered an old friends attic. The walls are covered with odd decorations of both German heritage and random artificats. Theres an old fooseball table just waiting to be played while you enjoy some bevarages and spirits with friends. I highly recomend it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Spectacularly unusual surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Bodo's is different. For a moment when we walked in I wondered if we had wandered onto the set of a low budget slash, as were the notes I made in the book on ourt tableer flick. The walls of the rustic interior are nearly covered with photograps and other eclectic material. We were the only diners the night we visited which was mildly spooky, but turned out to be cool as we got to know the owner operators better. Each table at Bodo's has a diary, replete with a pen. These books contain the thoughts of previous diners about the food and service. They are pretty much universally raves as were the notes I made in our diary. Simply the best potato pancake I have ever had, bar none, and my mother's were pretty good. Excellent Sauerbraten, the red cabbage was a touch sweeter than I prefer, but come on, excellent should be good enough. If you like German, try it, you'll like it. Best food in Myrtle Beach that isn't fish, or maybe including fish.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Panama City, Florida
“BEST food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

They have a smaller selection but a very nice menu. My husband and I ordered different things and EVERYTHING was AWESOME except dessert. I got the portabello mushroom entree and it was the best food I have put in my mouth in years. My husband had pork loin and it was wonderful. The side dishes were also great. It was reasonably price and an excellent deal for such great food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastern Shore Va
“The most unique atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is one of our standing favorites in Myrtle Beach. Words cannot do justice for the atmosphere. Can you picture mix of frat house and Mom's kitchen rolled into one? The potato pancakes are delicious - best to order when you make reservations as they take some time to make. Hubby loves the weiner wurst. Good German food and beer. Only one german wine though and would like to have other choices.

Visited September 2012