“Wonderful food! Ignore the negatives.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“Wonderful food! Ignore the negatives.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We (wife, daughter, myself) went to Ramando's for dinner last night. We love nice food on vacation, but try to skip past the "big box" buffet restaurants that pull in the masses. This was a jewel of a find! First: the food. Excellent. I had veal parmegian, my wife had eggplant parmegian. Daughter had a wonderful lasagna. All the food was fresh, with quality ingredients. My veal was real veal steak. The sauces were light, and mostly tomato with light herbs as I prefer. The salad could have been a bit more varied--mostly lettuces, a couple little tomatoes and cucumber: but...it was fresh and cold, with homemade italian dressing. Service was top shelf and totally professional. Serena was our waitress and she was helpful about the menu and so attentive. The restaurant does not seat a lot of people---but it was quiet. This place has been here a long time, but the place was clean and neat. I would totally eat there again. Prices were great also.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cleveland, Ohio
“go some place else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We selected Ramando's because it was the closest Italian restaurant to our hotel. Next time we'll drive a little further. We've had better meals at some of Italian chains. And for a lot less money.

Visited June 2012
vincent
“A excellent find. Delightful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have been to the olive garden before , this time the wait time at the Olive garden was long. We knew it would not be worth the wait! When we pulled on the Ramondo's lot the parking spaces were large, seated right away, great atmosphere .The steak was so good! It reminded me of Sir Richard's of Virginia Beach. The three other dishes was also delicious.
This visit renewed my faith in great restaurants. Still being out there!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times before. The food has always been hot, tasty, and had excellent presentation. The decor is outdated but that's what makes it quaint. While people are down the road waiting on line at the other chain restaurants, we sat immediately here. Junior our waiter was friendly and quick to refill a glass. I had the veal and it was fantastic! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Myrtle Beach. And remember, while others are waiting 2 hours to be seated down the road, you can sit here quickly and dine. A great locals place. The great Italian music played the whole time we were there. Love it!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asheville, North Carolina
“One of the worst Italian meals I've ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

BEWARE, DON'T TRUST THE GOOD REVIEWS IF YOU LIKE A GOOD MEAL. From the outside this place looks absolutely classic and we just had to give it a try, inside looks the same. Have been coming to Myrtle Beach for over 25 years, so very familiar, and my wife and I eat out often. Let's start with the website, looked promising but later I noticed in the photo the woman is dining with orange juice and has a french fry on her fork, the couple is both more interested in each other than the food, sounds about right. I doubt that they seriously have 2 chefs as stated or get much of anything "fresh" or "local". We ordered the toasted ravioli for an appetizer, it tasted of stale fryer oil with fish, nasty. Next was the salad, pretty small with a lot of iceberg lettuce and (yuk!) the "sysco special" italian dressing. WHY can a restaurant not make a simple italian dressing? They don't care. I can't believe restaurants still buy this crappy golden italian dressing from Sysco, it's horrible. Next was the "garlic bread", I'm pretty sure they ran to the grocery store to buy simple bakery bread, no crust, soft, bland. Then it was barley coated with garlic powder and maybe a butter like oil, wow. I ordered the eggplant and my wife had a steak. This is where I laugh at their statements of "fresh and local", in fact I'm quite insulted. My eggplant was deep fried in the same nasty oil, I think, and then covered with cheese and baked. You can't hide that this was the crappy frozen pre-made eggplant I loathe. It was mush and once I tasted the mystery oil flavors I could not eat another bite. My wife did like her steak but said it was nothing fancy. I cannot believe all the positive reviews for this place, really people?

• Visited May 2012