“Best steak...EVER!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 761 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Full service Italian Restaurant serving the Grand Strand's Finest All-You-Can-Eat Italian Buffet and specializing in "The Greatest Steaks in the Universe." Full service menu with made to order specialties. Beer, Wine and Cocktails. Childrens menu. Group Dining Discounts, Motorcoach Parking and Entrance, Private Dining Rooms, Entertainment.
Montreal, Canada
“Best steak...EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

A couple of buddies and I travel to Myrtle Beach every year for a glorious week of golf, beer and good food. Our favorite place to dine while in M.B. is Angelo's. I have been quite fortunate to have done quite a bit of traveling and have eaten at some fantastic restaurants in my 41 years but I have to say that the New York cut at Angelo's is bar far the best steak I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The restaurant is nothing fancy, even quite amusing, but I challenge anyone to find a better steak (not just in Myrtle Beach but anywhere in the world) for the value. There are a lot of good places to eat in the Myrtle Beach area and yet we always find ourselves going to Angelo's TWICE in the 6 days we are in town. The people who have negative things to say about the steaks at Angelo's....well....everyone is entitled to their opinion.....no matter how RIDICULOUS they might be. If you are ever in the M.B. area and you are a carnivor, do yourself a favor and order the New York cut. You will be going back!!! My annual trip is in 15 days and my mouth is watering just thinking about it....see you soon Angelo!!!!!

• Visited April 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Buckhorn, Canada
“Good steak but not great steaks. Won't be back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We were a party of four that came for a great steak based on trip advisors reviews. One had the filet with Marsala sauce. The sauce was fantastic but the steak had a few veins of grissel through it. The other three had rib eye steaks which were just okay, nothing great. We would not be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“A hidden gem describes it best.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We went for the Italian buffet because the lady at the hotel raved about how awesome it was. We both ordered the buffet, I was ok with it, my 15 yr old didn't like it and ended up ordering a steak.

My thought's on the buffet.. it was ok, we were there early so for 10 buck's it served the purpose though was nothing to write home about, the pizza was pretty good. I wish I had sent mine back and went for the steak also, but hey I'm alway's up to try new thing's.

My 15 yr. old's thought's on the steak.. it was awesome, she liked the sizzling platter it was served on just as much as the steak it's self I think. She also said that if she eat's there again she will order her steak rare instead of medium rare as it continues to cook a little more on the hot platter. (I thought this very observant of her)

The service... our waiter was great, he was more than willing, and happy to cancel her buffet order and bring her a menu even though she had tried a few thing's from the buffet. He also stopped by a few times to make sure she was happy with her meal. The buffet is $10.00 for early bird, $12.00 (after 6 pm I think,) and $6 something with added to a meal. When he brought our check I noticed he had only charged me the extra $6.00 for a buffet add on for my meal instead of the $10.00. I thought this was a wonderful, and unexpected gesture on his part as he certainly did not have to do this. I will definitely return to Angelo's the next time I am in MB and try one of those steak's my daughter, and other's rave about!!

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Good Food, nice family atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

.Enjoyed a nice steak dinner, cooked just right and served in good time, with good and knowledgeable wait staff! Friendly atmosphere, feels like a popular small town place. They have a buffet that is hidden in the back that appears to be popular with the kids, it looks appetizing as well. I have never heard a bad thing about this place in the 8 months I have lived here and had to see for myself, I only wish I had not waited so long to indulge. It is casual dining all types of attire are represented so no need getting dressed up if it’s been a long day. The menu is moderately priced, nothing too extreme, 2 filet dinners, wine, mixed drinks and a phenomenal stuffed shrimp appetizer was around $100 bucks, and well worth every penny!

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Union, SC
“Best Steaks at the Beach? I agree!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I've been wanting to try Angelo's for some time. You always see them being advertised for winning awards for best steaks at Myrtle Beach. On my most recent trip, I had to opportunity to finally go and see if they really had the best steaks at Myrtle Beach. When you first see the building, it makes you second guess your decision to dine there. It's not as flashy as most restaurant buildings, but don't let that fool you. Inside, it's a very cozy and laid-back atmosphere. The prices are fairly reasonable for a high-quality steak. Everyone in my group ordered steaks, so I can't rate the Italian Buffet or dishes.

The salad and garlic bread was great. It's presented in a similar fashion as Olive Garden, but both taste much better at Angelo's. I ordered the Porterhouse, medium-rare, with a baked potato. They bring the steaks out on a cast-iron skillet and they are still sizzling, and cooking! After my first bite of the strip portion, I knew this was a good steak, but was it "THE BEST"? Once I made it to the fillet portion, I was sold. It was fork tender and the taste was out of this world. It really was the best steak I had ever eaten at Myrtle Beach.

If you want a break from the standard seafood restaurants at Myrtle Beach, and you are a steak lover at heart, please don't pass up on Angelo's.

• 5 of 5 stars Food