“Average carry out or delivery” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Average carry out or delivery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nothing special about Ho Wah. Routine Chinese offerings prepared in an OK manner. Tends to be rather blah food. Quick delivery but check your order before the guy leaves.

Visited September 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Alas it has burned.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here for lunch...Place has had a fire and is closed as of 09/2012. We used to eat here and found it to be an average chinese Restaurant....OK Food...

Visited September 2012
Conway, South Carolina, United States
“NASTY!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My co-worker and I ate the lunch buffet here today and left so sick! The restaurant was dirty and the food was cold and not good. Toward the end of my meal, I found a MAGGOT in my food!!! When I complained to the waiter (a little boy) and the cashier, their replies were "I'm sorry" and "They are in the vegetables". What???!!! They made it sound like they get that complaint a lot. Then, they didn't even change out the food on the buffet! They just left it out for other people to eat and get sick. They tried to charge me for the meal, but after I objected, they only charged my co-worker. She shouldn't have had to pay either since neither of us could eat after seeing that maggot on the plate. After coming back to work and throwing up several times, I have filed a complaint with the health department. This is the nastiest place I've ever eaten at, and I will NEVER go back!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“WARNING!!!! MAGGOTS IN FOOD!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Coworker found MAGGOT in lunch today. We will be calling dhec and bbb and doing everything we can to change their A rating. NASTY! DIRTY! DISGUSTING!!!! We had a bad feeling when we were seated about the place being so DIRTY. Always listen to your first instinct. When she presented IT to waiter, he said, "oh sorry", its in vegetables".

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Basic Chinese Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

After having a bad experience at a highly recommended seafood place, we were glad to find at least a basic Chinese buffet. It wasn't a large buffet, and the restaurant is pretty small and a bit old. However, the food was good, the waitress was sweet, and our bill was 1/4 what we had paid the night before for food that wasn't good. So, we were pleased and would go again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere