“Slight disappointment, but still great” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
charlotte, nc
“Slight disappointment, but still great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

While in town again, we chose to revisit the Chesapeake House. We usually each order a separate entree, split the same, so we can try different entrees. Tradition dictates one of us gets the Lobster Pie and the other, the Shrimp and Grits.

The Lobster Pie was just as great as we remember it! However, the Shrimp and Grits were the worst either of us ever had. The grits were partially cooked and extremely runny/watery. It seems like they actually used brown gravy in the recipe. My friend decided to return hers because it was so awful (which was a disappointment because it was very good last year when we were here).

Despite the disappointment, we will return when we are back in town.

Visited December 2012

Hartsville, South Carolina
“That's how its done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Chesapeake House is run by an experienced management team. They offer great food with quick and professional service, at at pretty good value too. I usually speak of the food when writing a review, but after my experience at CH I walked away thinking "wow this place is a real business." Accuracy was spot on, the waiter wasn't too chatty nor was he a stiff. I really enjoyed dining at Chesapeake House and would recommend any North Myrtle visitor to stop here for supper.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“comfortable atmosphere-food fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Very warm and comfortable atmosphere with friendly waiter.

Rolls were fresh & good. So were the hush puppies.

Fish stew that was a free appetizer was not good. The broiled scallops & sautéed scallops were weird tasting--could not finish the broiled flounder was good.. My partner had fried seafood platter which was better but not great. Salad bland with ice burg lettuce and bland blue cheese dressing.

We came because of great reviews from friends--but now wondering if new "chef: had taken over. I am a good cook and know fine food. Hopefully this restaurant was just having an off night.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Comfortable with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a nice restaurant. It is cozy and the wait staff were friendly and efficient. The food was good. The basket of bread that was put on the table when we sat down was fragrant with cinnamon rolls, hot fresh hush puppies, and bread. My companion had fried shrimp and it was a mountain of shrimp. He took half of it back to the hotel with him. I had grilled fish and it was well-prepared. All in all it was a good dining experience.

Visited November 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Chesapeake House is a restaurant we have enjoyed for many years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

By far one of the best restaurants in Myrtle Beach. You have to have the fish stew. I know they serve you a sample ,but I order it for my main course.

• Visited August 2012