“Hungry” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
GA
“Hungry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I ate here after realizing we had to stay another night due to my grandmother being in the hospital and on life support. The buffet was ok, but some of the food looked old, like it had being up there all day. Some of the food was good, my only disappointment was the stuffed crabs being cold, and they were good but you can't eat, well I can't eat any food cold unless you drunk and need something to eat right away. The steaks were cold and some were rough and tough, but my auntie was tearing up the crab legs, which she say was not so hott either but I couldn't tell, lol.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Crowded busy buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I recently ate at this restaurant and was happy with my selection of food. There was many items to choose from. However it was very crowded and you had to weave in and out of people to get items from buffet. It seems the more people in the buffet the happier they were. The food and service was amazing but the crowded area was a negative. They also did not tell us the price of buffet until we sat down...30 dollars.. it was good but would have liked to know price first.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Ga
“Please do not confuse this place with the original The Original Benjamins Calabash Seafood”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I take an annual vacation to Myrtle Beach and this year we decided to try Captain Benjamins Calabash located behind family kingdom. The restaurant was not crowded and this should have thrown up a red flag. The food was not the worse that I've had but considering that the price was about $30-$35 per adult, I would have expected it to at least offer some of the same quality that the Original Benjamins on the north end offered. The variety of food was fair/ok but the quality was not impressive. The crablegs were overcooked (very rubbery) and the "pretty vegetables" were just pretty; they didnt taste good at all. I will not frequent this establishment until they reduce their prices to $7 per adult and kids eat free.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Greasy food & crowded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Crowded and overpriced, many items to choose from, but none of it tastes very good. Unless your goal is too eat your weight in crab legs, bypass the buffets a go to one of the nice, sit-down, seafood restaurants in Myrtle Beach for less money!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Great Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I've taken my family here many times. Although we typically don't eat buffet style, this is a worthy exception. You can experience a wide variety of seafood here cooked several ways: grilled, baked, or fried. You just can't beat the crab legs. Wonderful food!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere