“please don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of CAM Motel

CAM Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
CAM Motel
You added CAM Motel to your Saves list
1203 S. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Myrtle Beach B&B and Inns
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“please don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

me and my wife who has stage 4 breast cancer rented a room for a week. during that week we had prescriptions mailed to us there and they stated they never came. the room had cockroaches, had no water pressure to even take a shower. it was during the thanksgiving week, the second day, the heater stopped working so they had us use the oven to heat our room. they then gave us a small space heater to heat our room. they refused to move us to another room when we asked. on the 4th day of our 7 day stay, which was pre paid, we decided it was best to leave, they refused to refund the $10 key deposit & the $100 security deposit.we don't even feel it deserves a 1 ,we would give it a 0 if it was available. we recommend that no one stay here, unless u wanna get screwed.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kannapolis, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

O.K. I will share my experience. It's was awful. When we got there (me, my sister and her 3 small grand kids) they had overbooked the rooms. My sister reserved a room with 2 queen beds in May 2013. The person at the front desk told us that the rooms that were available were for people coming in (they have not arrived yet). We asked why could we not have a room. His response was they have a room that's upgraded, (not sure what that meant and he did not say.) After an hour my sister talked with the manager and they said they would put 2 queen beds in room 104. Well that's o.k. and fine. The person that came into the office for instructions was...how can I say...awful. His pants were down and you could really see his underware, very nasty. We left to go to the store while they were making these arrangements. After another hour we went back and the guy at the desk says oh we just had a cancellation. O.K. fine, we wil take the room. It was room 307. This was on the 3rd floor. The elevator was not working. We lugged everything to the room. Come to find out there was no shampoo, the phone did not work. The next day, no-one came to clean the room, never vacumed, changed the sheets nothing. Finally, the lady did come later that day and I had to ask for toilet paper, she gave me 1 roll. There was 5 of us. Still no-one cleaned.That was the worst hotel that I have stayed at in Myrtle Beach. Oh, the manager said that the staff that overbooked our room did not work there anymore. And that's our problem???? Hell no. Never again and I will never stay there or recommend that pool. Oh and another thing, you could not go swimming in the pool, because no one ever cleaned it!!!! What a disapointment. Never Again!!

Room Tip: Anywhere but at this motel. ANYWHERE!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Upstate, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Arriving a day early we struggled to locate a place which had vacancy. We spotted this place and tried it out. It was a place to sleep. Somewhat run down and rather than fixing the electronic card door locks they had just regular mechanical keyed door locks. Which is all still bearable. The next morning we were going to check out at approx 0930 and the office was closed. No one showed up until 1108 ( check out at 1100) all in all there are worse places to stay but far better for the same money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawsonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Do NOT stay at this hotel!!!!!!!!! We stayed 2 nights for a short weekend trip. We were on the 5th floor and the elevator did not work; phone did not work; only had 1 key to the room; trash smelled; no maids;door looked like someone had tried to beat it to death. We waited 30 minutes to get to a room and that was not the room i booked---i had to end up paying extra. Shady looking people that stayed at the hotel.....Would NOT advise anyone to stay here. KEEP DRIVING, DO NOT STOP HERE even though it says "cheapest rates in myrtle beach."

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

WE STAYED HERE 4 NIGHTS And will be staying here from now on. Clean clean clean. Was very very people friendly. Met the owner. Her son and the staff is great especially the new manager he is awesome. 5 star Thanks Sonny and Shelley.

• Stayed June 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Terrible.
I have been staying at this Hotel since 1985. I always enjoyed my stay, clean friendly and good location.
The last couple of years it has been going down hill.
No maids to clean your room, pool half full and full of trash, the smell reached us on 4th floor. No management or not that you would know.
Beds hard, sheets not clean. Blinds broken and laying on the floor.
Just drive by, don't stop.

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheraw, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I went to reserve my room on a thursday night for Fri. and Sat. night stay. My husband and I went and looked at a room with a queen sized bed, sleeper sofa, and kitchen. The room was very nice and so we reserved it........Upon checking in on Fri. we entered a room that was not the one we previewed the night before. It had 2 dbl beds, an old 19inch t.v., furniture outdated, smelled very bad, and was extremely dirty...Left to go get cleaning supplies and groceries and couldn't get back in b/c keys wouldn't work..went to front desk 6 times before being able to get in room....while trying to figure out what was the problem the general manager was very unconcerned, rude, and disrespectful about the situation (being put in the wrong rm and keys not working). I figured he would be being that I interupted him watching the Casey Anthony trial on t.v..... was told TO GET A REFUND AND LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!! instead of him trying to correct the issue. NASTY! NASTY! NASTY! PLS DON'T STAY HERE MANAGEMENT VERY RUDE!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to CAM Motel? Share your experiences!