“3 Day Golf School” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 134 Activities in Myrtle Beach
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Grande Dunes Resort Course, recently voted "Top 10 You Can Play" & "National Golf Course of the Year". 3 day schools, 1 and 2 day programs , private lessons and 2 hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs available.Computerized video analysis and personal lesson/drills via email. A GOLF Magazine 'Top 25 USA Golf School' since 1991.
“3 Day Golf School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I took my 12 year old son to the Mel Sol Golf School over his Spring Break in March to get him ready for the middle school golf season. We both had an excellent experience. James did a great job explaining the various fundaments of the full swing, chipping, pitching, putting and bunker play. I’d recommend doing the 3 day golf school. I, as a 12.9 handicap, took away a much better understanding of the game. Well worth the time and expense. Video analysis helped improve my golf swing. Looking forward to shooting rounds below 80 this season.

Midhurst, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Wife's First Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We are staying in Myrtle Beach this week and my wife decided she finally wanted to bite the bullet and be introduced to golf - valuing our friendship and my marriage, I declined to give her that first lesson, never mind my lack of experience. The folks at the resort we are staying at referred us to Rosemary at this school. Over the phone yesterday she was very helpful and laid out a number of options for my wife. We settled on a 1 hour "intro" lesson, figuring if for whatever reason she hated it or it didn’t work out, it wasn’t a major time/monetary investment!

Arrived this afternoon and we were met by David Olberding at their facility. David was very pleasant and professional and after a few minutes, my wife was in the tee box and hitting a 7 iron often straighter than I do. Then with the aid of video and software, he showed her in "Plain English" what she was doing and what she needed to focus on doing. She left the lesson feeling totally pumped and enthusiastic about the journey she was just starting… we know the frustration will come later, lol! For me that was the objective (other than avoiding divorce!) - that she would get a professional intro to the game, get a club in her hand and see that she could actually hit a nice, straight golf ball. In short, I would highly recommend this school and David in particular.

I can't thank David enough for today... it was an hour that I hope leads to years of great fun for my wife and me playing together.

Visited April 2014
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Golf School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We LOVED this school - we will definately go again next year- had an outstanding instructor, He identified our issues and corrected them easily, gave us so many useful techniques. We would recommend this school without reservation.

Philadelphia
“David is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

David was awesome! He is very patient and attentive. He fixed in 3 days faults I've been working on for years. Highly recommend for adult and youth teaching.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Mel Sole Golf School - Mrytle Beach SC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I attended two clinics and had two private lessons with David Olberding at the Mel Sole Golf School in Myrtle Beach. Dave is the consummate instructor and quickly identified the major flaws in my swing. He gave me a few practices drill and exercises. In and few short weeks my once horrific slice became a very manageable fade and my drives were 15-20 yards longer. In a few short months, my handicap shrunk from a 19+ to 13. Golf is fun again, Next step - a lesson on middle and short irons and I see myself in the single digits in the not too distant future.

I would highly recommend the Mel Sole Golf School in Myrtle Beach with NO reservations at all.

Visited July 2013