“David Oblerding is the golf pro for you!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf School operating year round at Grande Dunes Resort Course, recently voted "Top 10 You Can Play" & "National Golf Course of the Year". 3 day schools, 1 and 2 day programs , private lessons and 2 hour group clinics. For all skill levels. Parent/Child Programs available.Computerized video analysis and personal lesson/drills via email. A GOLF Magazine 'Top 25 USA Golf School' since 1991.
Potomac, Maryland
“David Oblerding is the golf pro for you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I are rank beginners unless you count the experience of miniature golf! David was patient with both of us, instructed us at a nice pace with encouragement each step of the way, and video taped us near the end of our time. My husband hit his first ball in the air right off the tee with total success based on David's instruction. Although I did not have the same luck at the beginning, by the end of the lesson I was hitting many balls into the air at least 40-60 yards which I thought was not too bad. Thank you David for making our time with you a great experience at the Grande Dunes Course of Myrtle Beach. Golf is work!

Visited August 2012

Myrtle Beach, SC
131 attraction reviews
“Learn form the pros”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I know folks who have gone for lessons here and improved their game tenfold. These are the experts. Nice and patient instructors.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Blown Away with Quality and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

While staying at the Marriott Ocean Watch resort with my family, my husband, brother, and I decided to take a private golf lesson for kicks. All of us beginners, we had no idea what to expect or how to play. Our instructor, David Oblerding, was the best instructor of any "extra-curricular" lesson I have ever had - and I've taken private tennis, swimming, and diving lessons. Within two hours, he taught us the essentials of body and club positioning. His instructions were clear and easy to grasp. He really took the time to course-correct us individually, so that we could each perform to our personal best. His style is attentive without being overbearing. I walked in knowing we would have fun but with no other expectations; I walked away excited to continue practicing my swing and hoping to play more golf when we got home. I would recommend this class with David to anyone!

Visited August 2012
Stuart, F
“Great two days! - Grande Dune Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Attended a two day session with my wife @ the Grande Dunes location. She is a beginner and I'm a 10.5 handicap. David Olberding was our instructor and he did a fantastic job getting my wife started. She's been wanting to try golf for some time now and I'm pretty sure she's hooked after two days.

I thought I had a pretty solid swing and a decent handicap until I saw my first video analysis. My swing was terrible! David helped correct things and got me hitting straight and long again. No more compensation for bad habits... just a fundamentally sound swing. I got home from vacation and booked a tee time with some regular golfing buddies and shot a solid 79. I only shot in the 70's two times during the last several years!

Thanks David!