“Loco Gecko” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #130 of 700 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Fish & Chips, Bar, Pizza, Barbecue, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Loco Gecko offers a casual dining experience with delectable burgers, wings and pizza as well as healthier options such as fresh wraps and salads. Come as you are in your shorts & t-shirt or even in your bathing suit and flip flops...We're all about the carefree beach lifestyle! Loco Gecko has two locations and is located off Ocean Boulevard with indoor seating as well as an outdoor deck with views of the Atlantic Ocean. Whether you come in after a day at the beach or just want to watch the big game, we are the ultimate beach restaurant!
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Loco Gecko”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We ate here 1 night because it was within walking distance from our hotel, Captains Quarters. It was pretty busy, but we were seated in about 5 minutes. Our waitress was very attentive. The menu was mostly burgers,wings and pizza. The burgers were very good and my son loved the buffalo wings. I would recommend eating here.

Visited July 2014
Michelle W, Manager at Loco Gecko, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We are glad you got a few laughs at dinner. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Sellersburg, Indiana
“Great all around experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had to go back a second time before leaving!!! Both times the service was great and the food was even better! On our second visit our server Melissa was sweet as can be and on too of everything. Best philly around and their voodo bucket is amazing!!!! I recommend this to anyone.

Michelle W, Manager at Loco Gecko, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
It's great to hear everyone enjoyed their visit!! We look forward to next time. Until then, have a great summer!!
“Great memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We arrive to our vacation in Myrtle Beach and we were really surprised by Loco Gecko.We were seated by the hostess when our server came.His name was Nikolay and he was really nice with all my family. Because we were for the first time at your restaurant we ask him what is your best meal.He answer if we like chicken we should take " The barny club" or if we like fish - your fish meal.Also he told us that the pizzas are really good too.The food arrived on time and everything was really delicious.We had a little conversation with our server because we understood that he is a student here and we were curious about he' s country.We will came back next year and hope to see our waiter again.

Michelle W, Manager at Loco Gecko, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We are very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your dinner here!! It's a great feeling knowing our guests will return! See you next year!!
Fall river
“Cindy was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Cindy our waitress was fantastic. She was awesome. She was very outgoing and had a great personality. The food was great as well.

Michelle W, Manager at Loco Gecko, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We are proud that our staff provided you with a great night out! We look forward to your next visit!
East Enterprise
“Mediocre at best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Decided to try this on our vacation due to mostly good reviews, and it looked like a fun place to go. We would have been better off going to Golden Corral. When we arrived, there was no hostess and no one to greet us so we just stood there until a waitress said we had to go outside to the hostess. Um, what hostess?? There was no one there. She (the waitress) was rather rude and seemed to be inconvenienced like she had far better things to do than seat us. We finally saw the hostess who was scrambling around moving the hostess stand, and we finally got seated.

We were seated at a wobbly table that looked like it was going to fall apart, and asked our server to be moved. He seemed to be confused and got someone else who moved us to a different table.

My husband and I ordered the Philly cheesesteaks, and I ordered a CHILD's size cheeseburger for our daughter, and a Blue Hawaiian cocktail for myself. We also had a free coupon for chips and salsa which never came. Our food was brought to us, and my daughter had a grilled cheese that was supposed to be a cheeseburger. We then told our server we never got the chips and salsa and he said "yes, yes, yes, I am getting to it." We should have got up an left right there. I don't deal well with rude people, and that is exactly what he was. I will refrain from using his name on here, but it starts with an N and I do believe he is from the Ukraine or Russia.

So, he then brings us back an adult cheeseburger to replace the grilled cheese for our daughter that was supposed to be a child sized burger, and I was just over it by that point . She was only able to eat about 1/2 of it due to the size, and it was $10 Our cheesesteaks were mediocre, and that is putting it nicely.

As we were finishing our meal, a manager (Lois) asked us how everything was, and when we told her, she said they had been short staffed and gave us a 10% discount. I have worked as a server for 16 years, and being short staffed is no reason to be rude to your customers.

The place is an overpriced tourist trap. My small cocktail was $10, and it was the best part of the meal. This was a waste of $45 for my family. We could have spent the same amount of money and went anywhere else and had quality food with better service.

I have never left a review like this, but I am doing it to warn people. The place is a joke, go ANYWHERE else!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michelle W, Manager at Loco Gecko, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We apologize that yours nor our standards were met this night. We would love the opportunity to give you and your family a great dining experience. Your concerns will not go overlooked!