“Our favorite family vacation place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“Our favorite family vacation place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We return here every year for our end of summer vacation. It's within driving distance from Ohio. Beach is great...hotel is right on the beach. Great rooms with kitchen, clean, safe. I would recommend it!

526 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Huntington, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Hands down, one of our best weeks away! Fortunate enough to have stayed in the spacious ocean front 2 bedroom villa in the Conch Building. Views were spectacular, no adjacent buildings to block sights, true ocean front. Clean, well kept, and sound proof. Elevators were prompt and fast. All usual room appointments, very nice bedding for restful naps!
Unfortunately, we were there during the torrential rains of Sept and only went into pools and tubs once. Walked on beach each day, nice access. Complimentary beach chairs would be a welcome touch.
Parking garage was adjacent to our building. Kept car out of weather and cool. Lots of luggage racks for transporting during check in and out.
Staff was excellent and attention to needs prompt. We experienced a hot water tank leak, ant invasion and room key inactivation while there. All of these woes were treated promptly, and we were delighted with a complimentary nights stay for our trouble.
Overall, plenty to do, easy to relax, nice amenities. Love the location, easy access to shopping areas and restaurants. Do try Ciao's for dinner, superb food, reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2010
salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We are Marriott owners and exchanged in to this resort through II so didnt expect a great villa but were pleasantly surprised. When we checked in we were told we would be in one of the Pine villas (farthest from the ocean) but we were on the 9th floor and had a fantastic view . We used the woodsey pool for the whole week - it was great with loads of space and close to the grille. There is another huge pool closer to the ocean but we didnt even have time to use it! The beach is very close to walk to and the grounds are lovely. Lots of things happening for owners i.e. smores, wine and cheese etc. and we also made use of the bbq grilles. Excellent resort and villa - loads of space for all, one of the best Marriotts we have been to.

Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed in a lovely two bedroom/two bathroom villa at the Ocean Watch. We were fortunate enough to rent the unit through Redweek.com from a really nice New Jersey couple. The resort is wonderful, full of activities and amenities.

We arrived at the resort around 2:00 for the 4:00 pm check in. Our room was not ready until shortly after 5 pm. There were several other families waiting also. The other families were long time owners and while everyone was frustrated by the additional time needed to ready the rooms, the consensus was that the resort would be well worth the wait.

The first thing we noticed about the villa was that it is smaller than the Barony Beach Club villas in Hilton Head. Also, the Barony had flat screen TVs, the Ocean Watch does not. Even so, the villa had everything we needed for a wonderful holiday.

The master suite has a king size bed with a plush comforter and plenty of pillows. The master bath had a large soaking tub, but no jacuzzi. There was a safe in the closet. The guest suite had two queen sized beds and a standard bathroom with tub/shower combo.

The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need including toaster, blender and coffee pot. They even supply dish washing liquid and dish washer powder.

Our room was ocean front in the scallop building. The room was one of the few center rooms with a huge balcony. The view of the ocean was spectacular.

The Ocean Watch is on a Marriott campus. The campus consists of three ocean front time share buildings, a Marriott full service hotel (also ocean front) and two time share buildings a short distance away from the ocean in the 'woodsey' area. The campus configuration was convenient because Ocean Watch guests could go to the bar, restaurant and spa of the Marriott hotel and charge the services to the Ocean Watach account.

The pools at the ocean watch were just great. The two ocean front pools were large enough to accomodate the summer crowds. The pools in the woodsey area had a pretty tame water slide, zero entry and a few water features. They kept the outdoor ocean front pools open 24 hours. Many nights we were swimming after midnight. I never had trouble finding pool chairs any time of the day at any of the pools and this was in peak season (July).

The service at Ocean Watch was outstanding. One of the front desk personnel went out of his way to help me even though I was clearly annoyed with the difficulties I was having. He kept his composure, smiled and resolved my issue going far beyond his area of responsibility. Everyone was helpful and friendly to us.

My husband and I were invited to the Marriott time share presentation that was supposed to take 90 minutes. The presentation ended up taking about 2 1/2 hours. I had always heard that Marriott's time share presentations were low pressure, soft sell presentations. I don't agree with that characterization. Even so, we purchased a 'discovery' package' to return to the Ocean Watch next year. I can't wait.

Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We just returned from a wonderful week at the Marriott Oceanwatch and my entire family didn't want to leave! From the friendly staff that greeted us in the parking lot to the beautiful grounds and rooms, this resort is tops in all areas. We rented a week from owners and fell in love with this place! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The largest timeshare we've ever stayed in. The grounds are beautiful, lush and tropical feeling; we enjoyed just walking around at night and felt safe and secure even in the parking garage. There is so much to do in Myrtle Beach but some days we didn't leave the property. There are activities galore and if you have young kids, there's so much to do! There's so much going on at this resort and we enjoyed the live music at the pool just listening from our spacious balcony. We loved the beach but didn't use the pools which were the cleanest we have EVER seen at a hotel! Nice, clear water (with a little sand towards the end of the day but not the hotels fault) and plenty of places to sit in the water and cool off for the non swimmers. A few guest do seem to linger in the main pool late at night, but they didn't disturb our sleep. Plus, the giant and very heavy sliding glass door did it's job of blocking out any noise! This resort has it all from great food including Pizza Hut and Starbucks (a big hit with my teens!) to delicious sandwiches and wraps at the pool bars. In fact my kid teased me for bringing food from home since we really didn't need it! We hit the local Super Walmart (don't go on Saturday night, it can get crazy!) for some staples like milk and bread, but we really didn't need the lunch items I brought because the kids could just get food from anywhere on the property and charge it to the room. They loved being able to be independent and we did too. And the prices were very resonable. The activities were wonderful.....something for everyone, even just adults. We just can't say enough about this wonderful resort and can't wait to go back. It was our first time staying here, but certainly not our last!

Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I've owned Ocean Front Platinum since they opened Ocean Watch and enjoy the property. However, this year a new "points deal" has been added that, I believe, affects owner scheduling for 2011. By regulation, if you own only one week, you can only make reservations 12 months in advance. I attempted to make reservations on-line from the property and the wifi was down and the reservations were full in 8 minutes. Again, on the second try the following Friday, they were gone in 12 minutes. Of course it took 12 minutes to get through on the telephone. The 3rd week, I sat on the web site and at two minutes prior to release, I was kicked off the site and it went down. I was unable to re-log-in to the site until 9:30. You guessed it, everything was gone again. I think Ocean Watch has gotten too large to accommodate the entire owner population. I believe it is time to sell.

Ron from Ashburn, VA

Follansbee, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

We visited this resort for the first time in July based on reviews from tripadvisor......a few days before our stay, I had read a detailed review that mentioned they were disappointed in their room placement and that they had to walk a half a mile to get to the beach. Having a disabled child, I was very concerned and called oceanwatch directly to request a low room close to the beach and facilities for my child. It was then I was told we were getting a gardenview room in the back of the resort with a walk of 150-200 yards to the beach and main pools!!! When I made my reservations through marriotts central reservation line I was not told the layout of this resort and was deceived in believing there was only two views....oceanfront and oceanview....this is not true. If this is your first time visiting, make sure you ask which building you will be reserving your room in. There are five buildings, with three near the front and two in the back. You may want a quiet out of the way room, but our situation was quite different with our son, and I was disappointed with the way it was handled. After several phone calls, we were able to get our room switched to something closer in the front buildings, but not without an additional charge. We were pleased with the pools, activities offered, and cleanliness. It is a beautiful resort, but for the price, make sure you are getting in the building of your choice. We were stressed out before arriving and a vacation is not meant to be this way!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes? Share your experiences!