Spent a week as a Marriott owner in this property over spring break. As expected, spring break is very busy here, although it's an upscale place relative to the surrounding properties, so no instances of drunken college students.
- Property is in stunning location, with 5 pools and access to spectacular beach.
- Activities staff seem to run the resort - always friendly with tons to offer. They MADE this vacation work!
- Pleasant check-in process
- Unit is clean, well laid out, nice kitchen with all amenities, nice baths
- Playground is lots of fun for the kids
- Saltwater pool is cool new addition - serenity pool
- If you get stuck (like us) in the back buildings (despite requests otherwise), it's a pain to haul chairs to the beach. Can wait on a golf cart ride.
- Strange as it sounds, the 2 large back buildings have no easy way to walk directly to the main resort area. You're forced to walk down streets and/or through a parking garage. It's bizarre- trust me. A layout snafu.
- There is no restaurant here. Again, bizarre. There's some sort of food service providing limited service to the main pool area, but there is no sit-down restaurant of any sort. Never seen this in a Marriott property like this one. So, if you want to sit in the one central area of the resort - the lobby of the main building - you can't enjoy a glass of wine etc.
- Located in the back buildings, we are closest to the "Woodsy" area between us and the main buildings/beach. This has a woodsy bar and grill- perfect for relaxing in the Woodsy area while kids play in pool or playground. EXCEPT - it was closed! For the season! This is strange for two reasons. First, we called in advance to make sure it was open - and was told it would be open for entirety of our trip. Second, the resort is at over 98% capacity - why not open the bar and grill?
- Compared to the very attentive and friendly activities staff, the guy running the pool bar (closes at 4pm???) couldn't have been less interested in being attentive or providing pleasant service.
Overall, I'd come back, but with expectations lowered. Did enjoy the trip and I do recommend the property!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Marriott, BookingOdigeoWL, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Oceanwatch Villas At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marriotts Myrtle Beach
- Marriotts Oceanwatch Hotel
- Marriott Myrtle Beach