“I will never stay anywhere else.” 5 of 5 stars

Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1802 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #102 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lynchburg, Virginia
“I will never stay anywhere else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been to Myrtle beach at least once a year for 14 years, and this is the first review I have written, but I have to write this one. I am so beyond pleased with my experience at the Sandcastle. The rates are reasonable, the parking, plentiful, and the rooms comfortable and clean. But, by far, the best feature of the hotel is an emplyee by the name of Jenny. She will stop whatever she is doing and not rest until whatever you need is done. If she cannot do it herself, she will find someone who can. My husband's fishing pole got sand in it and would not come apart to go in the elevator. She asked what what was wrong, we told her, and she kept trying things until she found someone with the proper tools to get it apart. She obviously loves her job and makes the guests here feel more like family than tourists. I will never stay anywhere else as long as she is an emplyee there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was the second time that we have stayed there. The hotel is not modern but, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is perfect on the beach. The pool was pleasant and the place was well landscaped. The rooms have working a refrigerator stove and microwave. You can't beat the price for what you are getting. Free Wii-Fi too.

Room Tip: It's worth a few extra dollars to stay in ocean front.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is great. I came down just for a night. The place was super clean, the staff was super friendly, & the location can't be beat. I booked through their website and got an incredible deal for the night. I don't understand what people expect from hotels. This place was very, very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chris_FDM, Front Office Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I will pass the compliments along to our staff.
We offer many discounts and deals on our own website and were glad you found one that suited you and led you to have a great stay.
We hope to see you in the future!
Newark, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is my first hotel stay right on the beach - so I wasnt sure what to expect. I thought I got a good price on the room - but I am not happy with my overall experience.

Good: Right on the beach @ myrtle beach and close to restaurants and skywheel etc...
The hotel has an indoor pool as well as kiddie pool. I didnt use either though.

Bad: This place is cramped - all over from check-in to parking to the room. The parking structure is across the road which is not as convenient as one on site. The room and corridors smelled of smoke but the front desk says it is a non smoking property. The whole place seemed run down and somewhat dirty. Wi-Fi is totally useless and the folks at front desk dont seem to care about it. It was noisy thoughout the night and I couldnt get proper sleep.

Bottom line is that I not coming back here!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chris_FDM, Front Office Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is unfortunate that you were not completely satisfied with your visit to our hotel. All of our rooms are non-smoking, however we do have certain floors where smoking on the balcony is permitted. We always try to reserve rooms for our non-smoking guests away from these floors. Hallways and rooms that smell of smoke should be brought to the attention of the staff so the proper actions can be taken.
Sometimes our free Wi-Fi experiences high usage; when this happens there may be signal interference. Some of our planned projects for the winter include adding more hotspots to increase usage capacities for the 2013 season.
Our parking garage is located across the street. The distance between the entrance of the hotel to the parking garage is approximately 249ft. Located between the parking garage and the hotel is our parking lot. Both the parking lots and parking garage are on-site and are available to our guests free of charge.
Even though you did not enjoy your visit to our hotel, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and continue to visit the Myrtle Beach Area!
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had stayed last year and did not like our stay with them very much. But this year they are great, they are working and will have one of the best places to stay in Myrtle in the near furture. They have cleaned the rooms now and working on getting the indoor pool ready for this winter. They have a great staff.

Room Tip: I love Ocean Front
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chris_FDM, Front Office Manager at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for such a great review!
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit this time around. We appreciate you giving us a second chance and noticing many of the changes we have made. Our indoor pool is currently open and is planned to be open all year round. I will pass the compliment of the staff to the hotel team.
Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel location is great and the price I got thru hotels.com the same, but the... "resort" was overrated. The room was small, there was a coffee maker but no coffee, so when we asked the receptionist she said it's BYOC...so we ended up scouring the surrounding stores for coffee, sugar, mugs, instead of walking on the beach hand in hand...
There was no hair dryer so before going to dinner I just went outside with my hair wet and the wind did the job. There was no alarm clock on the night stand.
One of the attractions was the hot tub amenity, well... they started emptiyng the tub and the inside pool for cleaning...so I didn't get a chance to relax at night in a warm jacuzi.
No wonder more than half of the hotel was unoccupied.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.
All of our rooms do come equipped with a coffee maker, however as you mentioned, we do not supply the coffee. Our efficiency rooms and suites do come with a fully equipped kitchen that includes dishware such as coffee mugs.
We do have hair dryers, however they are available at the front desk along with irons and ironing boards. We feel the ones we provide are a better quality then the ones mounted in common hotel rooms.
We do apologize for the short notice closure of our indoor pool amenities. All of the facilities are fully operational at this point.
Once again I am sorry that your visit was not what you expected and I do hope that the remainder of your visit to Myrtle Beach was most enjoyable.
Wilmore, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our trip this year was the greatest ever.
First of all we bought a GPS so the trip down was flawless. When we got to the front desk the attendent was 100%. He helped us with parking, helpful hints and a perfect room. Our maid was top-notch and everyone so friendly. Myrtle Beach was extremely clean and I felt safe every night as we walked downtown. We stay at the same hotel every year and plan to stay there as long as we are able to.

Room Tip: I trusted the front desk to help me out. they were great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing us!
We're glad you enjoyed your visit. Our Sandcastle family always tries to give 100% to our guests whether its at the front desk or housekeeping department. A GPS is a great way to avoid the confusion between Myrtle Beach, and the City of North Myrtle Beach; but if you ever find yourself without one, our front desk staff would be more then happy to provide directions over the phone (843-448-7101).
Once again, thank you for your wonderful review, I will pass the compliments along to the staff. We look forward to your future visits!

Been to Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion? Share your experiences!