“Great location for the price ” 3 of 5 stars

Sea Gypsy Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   304 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Call Hotel:
Ranked #191 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great location for the price ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My girlfriend and I stayed here for bike week and had a great trip. It was so close to the ocean and to all the shops and restaurants that we parked the car and walked everywhere. The room was clean and nice. The only issue I had was that I had to park my car a block away from the hotel but that wasnt a big deal seeing that we weren't really using it anyway. When we go back this hotel will definitely be on our list to consider.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon and I stupidly booked the hotel online without reading reviews. When we arrived we had to pay the rest of the money as I only put a deposit. When we got to the room it was disgusting not even a shower head for almost $200??? Not to mention that the occupants that apparently lived there had there doors wide open blarring rap music. The smell of marijuana was very over powering and seeping into our room. The front desk receptionist Tina was very helpful and understanding but couldn't do anything. We had to wait a whole day to even talk to the owner about getting a refund at least for our second night since we wouldn't be there at all (we got another hotel) and he refused to give us any kind of refund so pretty much robbed us of $100. He is a crook and his hotel is trash do not waste your money on this dump.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015 via mobile

Absolutely the most disgusting hotel I've ever seen. We stayed in room 213 abd the trouble started when you had to slam your whole body into the door to open it. The carpet was gross. I couldn't put my son down without his pants turning black from the floor. The bathroom was nasty. They tiles were falling off. The shower constantly trikled because it wouldn't shut off. The toilet barely flushed. The shower didn't have a shower head. The beds..... Omg they apparently do not wash the sheets or quilts. There was red stains on the sheets and hair all in the bed. No light bulbs in half the lamps. The smell of the room I can't even describe how bad it was. Also if you plan on sleeping in past 8 I hope you can sleep through construction that they are doing directly outside of the building on a new dock. We needed towels and the ones they gave us were still damp and smelled awful. I do NOT recommend this hotel. It should be torn down and replaced!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015 via mobile

The hotel overall is good better than expected... But I was here with my family and we had to complain 3 times about our neighbors smoking marijuana and we could smell it in our room and we have kids in here and they did nothing so hotel is nice but the people are always yelling and running up and down halls all night. Would not reccomend coming if you are bringing children or if you like getting sleep.

Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

Really, we should have known better than to choose a motel with no reviews.
The location is actually quite good, just by the beach walkway, and the price seemed ok. So we drove there without having made a reservation, and found the parking lot almost full, which could be seen as a good sign.
We were greeted by a nice and friendly receptionist, and checked in. But when we got up to our rooms it got worse, one room smelled like it had been inhabited by a chain smoker for 20 years and one room hadn't been cleaned since the last guests left.
We got new rooms though, and I must say that they were very helpful with that.
But the overall state of the rooms was not good, it felt like nothing had been done to it since it was built. Even though it probably was pretty clean, it looked dirty because of bad lighting and old worn out furniture.
During the night there were people screaming and violent slamming of doors from another room.

Later we did a more thourogh web search and found a year old review that compared this motel to one in a famous Hitchcock movie...and while I wouldn't go that far as to describe it, it simply wasn't a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2015 via mobile

Service is a hit and miss, but you can't beat the price for its location right on the boardwalk and oceanfront view. The rooms were decent with everything in order and the appliances working. Only complaint is parking lot being down the street a little. All in all, if you're looking to stay a few nights with some friends or family, this is definitely not the worst option.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

My family came here and the bathroom was disgusting.. The AC did not work. It smelled like cigarettes and the pillows were dirty. I don't mind many things but this was just an absolute no! They need to clean up and I'm very dissatisfied.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Sea Gypsy Inn? Share your experiences!