“Very Very bad. Meth investigation going on there with local police.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Gypsy/Wayfarer

Save Saved
You added Sea Gypsy/Wayfarer to your Saves list
Sea Gypsy/Wayfarer
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   311 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #173 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Very Very bad. Meth investigation going on there with local police.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I've stayed in. They said no drugs prostitutes or criminal behavior. We seem it all there. We didn't have hot water and we asked for a roll away bed. They didn't hv one . They said they will go down the street and get a mattress an we can put it on the floor. I went and got an air mattress . They have bed bugsand roaches. Very bad place. The pool had a condom in it. I would rather my family to sleep in my car. Oh one more thing . The ac had black mold in the filter. Please beware

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Auburn, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

On a whim I decided to pass through Myrtle Beach and wanted an affordable room near the beach. I stayed at the illustrious Wayfarer motel for $47 a night. Walking up to the room, I thought there might have been a dead body at the bottom of the pool but it was just a garbage can blown in by the wind. There was a pile of chairs outside the room (ample seating!) as well as a razorblade on the ledge. No gym on site, but there are also no TV remotes so you can get your exercise in that way. Overall a great motel! I gave this motel four out of five only because the guest shampoo conditioner left a bit of residue in my hair.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hamptonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Oh boy here we go ! A friend and I decided to drive down to Myrtle Beach one week end in July 2013. We knew it being a week end it would be hard to get a room. Myrtle Beach needs some serious cleaning out of scum bags running motels. For the past several years, we have had nothing but bad luck with rooms at Myrtle Beach. Most are just crack houses and this last time we went was no different. We stopped off at the Sea Gypsy to see about getting a room. We were told that we had to get it for 2 nights. With the key deposit , it cost me and my friend $270.
OK. there was a woman at the desk { maybe Indian ? I don't know } but she could not speak English well. There is not parking close to the motel , it's like 2 blocks away. She did NOT give good directions and just kept pointing to where we were to turn to get to the motel and she kept telling us that there were several motels that were "all together ". We assumed that meant you could park in any of those motel lots . UM WRONG ! I kept asking her to explain to me AGAIN, and she kept pointing . So I gave her the nick name of POINT. Point just kept telling us we would see the sign for parking. Because of her stupid directions , I parked at the Sea Cove thinking that they were the ones she was saying were in the "all together " group. For heaven's sake , DON'T PARK THERE UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR CAR TOWED because that manager of Sea Cove will have you towed. We parked there around 7 pm on a Friday night. He saw us park there but said nothing. We walked back to that filthy and I do mean FILTHY room. The bathroom smelled like urine. There was NO trash can. Refrigerator filthy. The A/C worked good. That was the only thing worth while. We were right there by the pool. There were idiot parents who had their toddlers in that pool at 2 a.m. letting those kids scream at the top of their lungs . The manager would do nothing about it. Teens were at the pool at 3 a.m. screaming.
No sleep. Next morning, we walk to where we had parked our car the night before and the car was gone ! This happened to several of the people who were staying at the Sea Gypsy . POINT had given bad directions to everyone. We had to go to the Sea Cove manager who acted like a CREEP. He would not help at all. Once we got the telephone number of a taxi and the place where the car had been towed , it cost us $160. There was a girl from Jamaica who pitched such a fit over her car being towed that the cops were called . Thanks to POINT , our vacation was ruined. So if you are determined to stay at this dump , you better make sure you don't park your car at Sea Cove ! Instead go past the stop sign and the parking lot for Sea Gypsy will be on your right. Better make sure or you will go out the next morning and find your car gone like me and several other people. That two day trip cost us out the wazoo and I had a migraine headache by the time I got home. Myrtle Beach has been taken over by filth that are only out to get your money. I used to stay at those motels 30 years ago and at least they were clean. What a waste of a vacation . Next time, I will stay at a Wal-Mart parking lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I went to go check into this hotel today. My parents paid for the price of the room. I booked the room over the phone, gave them my credit card number & asked if I needed the credit card with me. I get down here & the guy tells me that I HAD to have the card with me to check into the room. The place looked terrible from the outside. I go into the office to ask if I could cancel my reservation. The total for the room was 266 dollars for 3 nights. They said over the phone that they wouldn't charge the card till I checked in. Then the guy said that the card already had been charged for one night. So by this time I'm so frustrated & ready to cry. I asked to see a room, I went & looked & the microwave was rusted, holes busted in the wall, the beds were sitting up by wooden blocks, & the bathroom was absolutely DISGUSTING. there was black mold on the ceiling & leaking stains. This is a crack house no doubt. I have pictures of the place & all. I wouldn't even recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed on the North side for 5 days. Wanted to spend another night. My daughter took the only motel room she could find. We paid $197 for a Friday night (4 adults & 4 kids. Got into the room (had to carry all bags up 3 story's). Motel was filth! We had to change bed sheets yourself. The refrigerator was dirty. When we complained they gave my son in law cleaner and a rag. No remote control. Bathroom mirror had duct type ooon bathroom mirror (at least half of it). Bathroom sink was stopped up. (Never was unclogged). Was told by worker that him and one other guy was responsible for cleaning all the room themselves. He was very nice but you could tell he wasn't able to climb stairs that well. We had to pay for a parking pass. No parking at motel. The parking lot is almost 2 weeks away. Do not stay at this motel!

• Stayed July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was staying some where else and wanted to stay in town longer so I choose here in a rush because most other places were sold out so it was last minute. After being in the room for a few minutes I ask for a remote control and was told that the remotes had been stolen. I then ask about an ice machine and was told I had to buy ice next door because there machine was broken. I ask about a refund after the shower smelling like urine and showing a roach that was nearly two inches long and was told to wait in my room. I was then told to goto the hotel next door and see the manager. He said that he had the power to evict me and that he would gladly do so if I didn't leave his office because by complaining I had cost him two customers and $700. He then threatened to have me arrested. Did not get a fine refunded nor the Key deposit.

• Stayed July 2013
Greenville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have been going to the beach every year for 3 years. We stay 8 days, we will stay 3 days at a cheap hotel then 5 days at a nicer hotel. And for the last 3 years we have stayed at Wayfarer for our first 3 days at the beach and we love it! It's not a richy rick hotel but it's a nice low priced hotel. We couldn't imagine going to the beach and not staying our first 3 nights at the Wayfarer. The main guy that works there is super nice! He remembers us when we come, he is really nice and the rooms are not bad for the price. And The pool is nice, we go in July every year and love it. And can't wait to come back this year :) It's right across the street from the ocean to! Love the Wayfarer!

Room Tip: I travel with my best friend and we usually get a king size bed, it is really comfy! I like any floo...