We very much enjoyed our stay at Ocean Lakes. We met up with some other family members who brought their camper and we rented a house. The campground is attractive, super clean, and has plenty of amenities for campers and non-campers. You do need to understand that this is a kid and teen haven....kids and teens are everywhere!
Yes, it is true that there are a bazillion golf carts zipping around with the majority of them being driven by teens. However, this is the mode of transportation that is popular at the campground. FYI...a bicycle will do just fine, a golf cart is not necessary. We had neither and got around with no problems because of our rental location.
Yes, this is a high population density resort. Houses, campsites, whatever you are staying in are very close together. When we looked down from our deck, the roof of the house next to us could have been touched. If you want a lot of space, reconsider. Just know this when you book. This didn't bother us.
Yes, it is noisy until quiet hours....people are all over having FUN!! Security was present, and available if needed. The campground is very organized.
The weather was not cooperative the week we stayed, but, we grabbed beach time when the weather was good. Nice beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach