I have visited Ocean Lakes for 35 years since I was 12 years old. There has been many changes over the many years and most of them for the better. I have never had any bad experiences here until recently. The problem is with the renters though not the owners or the campgroung itself. I witnessed someone trying to steal anothers stuff at the pool when they got in the pool and the insuing melee when the owner saw them. I had a full bottle of beer thrown from an unknown deck of a house that barely missed my head and busted inside the golf cart I was driving. As with any place there are always trouble makers around and that comes with people renting or campers. If you can afford a place at Ocean Lakes then you dont need to steal or throw bottles at people for fun. There are plenty of security gaurds present and they try to keep the peace but its not possible to catch everyone that is doing something wrong. I think if Ocean Lakes didnt charge such a giant yearly assessment people wouldnt have to rent there places out to people they dont know. The 25 percnt Ocean Lakes charges to rent your place for you is too much, making renting your place that much higher. The price to rent is going up and soon will be all but out of reach for a middle income family to afford. The 300 and some dollars a week to rent a golf cart is obsessive and the fee for a car pass is way overinflated. I hope theres an end in site to the fees and rules Ocean Lakes is imposing on the owners and the new fine to the owners if the police are called is ridiculous. The money Ocean Lakes is taking in is astronomical and all these fees and rules are getting to the pinnacle of what someone can tolerate. I hope that the profits reaped doesnt blind the owners children from what there mother and father created.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach