“RIPOFF !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lancer Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lancer Motel
Save Saved
You added Lancer Motel to your Saves list
606 North King Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #196 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“RIPOFF !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

On July 8, 2012 I made a reservation at The Lancer Motel in Myrtle Beach, SC for July 13, 2012-July 15, 2012.(just a weekend getaway for my wife and I. Totally spare of the moment type deal) I gave them my deposit over the phone and at no time did the front desk clerk say that there was a 15 day cancellation period and if i did not cancel within 15 days that my deposit would be forfeited. On July 9th, I called back to advise that I was not going to be able to come down because I was called in to work on that Saturday. They told me that I would have to speak to the manager "Chad" to see if I could get my deposit back. I left a message for Chad on July 10, and he never responded. I called again on July 11th to see if the deposit had been refunded and the front desk clerk said that he saw the notes in the system, but Chad has not touched it yet. I called again this morning at 8am (July 12) to get my deposit back and Chad stated that he would not give it back. My wife and I had to leave after check in 3 years back from the same motel and our card was never charged. I feel that who ever takes the reservations over the phone should have advised me of the cancellation policy and then I could have made a more informed decision as to booking my stay there. There was not 15 days from the time that I made my reservation until the day I was supposed to arrive to cancel. I feel this is unfair and the public needs to be aware of these bad business practices that go on at this establishment.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Thomson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Very nice and well worth the price... Can not beat it and wouldn't go anywhere else... Stayed two nights and were able to walk to the beach.

Room Tip: No noise close to everything and very very low price the amount we paid for both nights wasnt even w...