“A nice visit at Sea Watch” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Up To 30% Off!
Ranked #43 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Jackson, Nj
“A nice visit at Sea Watch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed a few nights in an ocean front view room. Sea Watch was very accommodating, letting us check in early 9:30 am since we had a morning flight in. The rooms view of the ocean was very nice, we love the sounds of the waves. Used the jacuzzi which was really nice and they have a real good pool set up. The room itself was a pretty standard king efficiency type room, if you stayed for several days the kitchen would be a good perk. The bed was comfortable and the location was perfect for us. Quiet away from the crowds of downtown but not much more than 15 minutes from all the sights of Myrtle Beach both north and south. Would go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
gsmsw, Front Office Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
JJFS
Thank you for your comment. We are always looking for ways to accommodate you and the needs of your family. We are pleased that you enjoyed your vacation and Sea Watch Resort. Our goal is to assure that you and your family have a outstanding vacation experience. Please let us know how we can better serve you in the future. We are looking forward to you returning for an exciting, fun filled and enjoyable vacation experience.
Guest Service Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at this property with my 3 yr old and 19 mo old children while I was at a training. My husband left a large kitchen knife, about 10 in long (about not a table knife), in the sink. This was a safe place for the knife as there was no way my children could reach the sink. We chose to wash our dishes by hand and did not use the dishwasher. At one point I turned around and my 19mo old son had the knife in his mouth - the sharp side in his mouth. Apparently the housekeeping staff had put the knife in the dishwasher. This could have been a disaster and there is no excuse for this. There was rust on the refrigerator and on the dishwasher; the base of the commode was dirty; there were holes in the blankets; and the TV channel listing was not correct. When I arrived I asked the front desk staff where the training would be located and if breakfast and lunch was served as part of the training. The staff told me she did not know where the training was, but "it might be down there since there are conference rooms down there." She told me breakfast and lunch were not part of the package. I paid $3 for a cup of coffee the first morning of the training. I then walked into the room and found a nice set up of coffee, muffins, fruit and bagels. Lunch was also served. I had a special food need and the staff was very good about accommodating my need. A karate school was staying at the resort at the same time we were. Kids in the room next to us were yelling to people at the pool from their balcony on the 11th floor; children were running down the halls very loudly; children were yelling down the halls - this went on until 10pm one night. It did not appear that these young children were adequately supervised when swimming in the pools - one some points no adults were in sight. I was in the mini mart one morning and one of the engineers was very pleasant; the cashier in the mini mart was very pleasant and when I made the reservation I spoke with a manager who was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Juliana G.
We thank you for your comments, We appreciate your feedback on the resort this will help us to improve. We teach and learn together through communication. I apologize for the issues you had during your visit at Sea Watch Resort. Our goal is to assure that you and your family have an outstanding vacation experience. This has not happened for you this visit and again we apologize. It is our desire to have an opportunity to provide you with an exciting, fun filled, and enjoyable vacation experience. Please let us know how we can better serve you in the future.
Ladson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Love the location, love the view! Only problem was the smoke alarm was going off when we arrived 9:30 pm. Called the desk and when no one had come to check by 10:30 called again. A person came and changed the battery. 20 minutes later it started going off. By now it was after 11:00 so we just disconnected it ourselves!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise F
Thank you for your comments. Thank you for choosing Sea Watch resort for your weekend getaway. We appreciate your feedback. This will help us to improve. We apologize for the issues you had with the smoke alarm and that it wasn't taken care of in a timely manner. We teach and learn together through communication. Our goal is to assure that you and your family have an outstanding vacation experience. Please let us know how we can better serve you in the future.
Pennsville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had an excellent stay. We rented a one bedroom deluxe, ocean view. Looking into renting a three bedroom ocean view unit same time next year. Met friends down here this year and hope to share the cost next year with a three bedroom unit. Looking forward to our trip next year.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room #815 in the North Tower. Looking to rent a three bedroom corner unit with an oc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shoemaker NJ
Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your vacation and Sea Watch Resort. We look forward to having you back with us next year for the most exciting, fun filled, and enjoyable vacation experience ever. Please let us know how we can better serve you in the future
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My family has stayed at Sea Watch Resort several times in the past and loved it. We returned this past week after not visiting Myrtle Beach for a few years. Although we still love the Sea Watch location (quiet part of beach, near shopping and dining), the rooms have considerably gone down over the past few years. Upon check in, our room reeked of a urine smell. The bathroom had not been serviced except for the end of the toilet paper being turned down to make it appear that it had been. There were no towels, the bathroom was dirty, and there was not even a bar of soap. Also, the cabinets in the bathroom contained probably 50 old, musty hardback books. We requested a room change, which was granted. In all honesty, we did not care that the room furnishings were very dated, but the mattress was seriously the hardest, most uncomfortable mattress we have ever slept on in any of our travels. Our backs hurts so badly each day that we dreaded going to bed at night. We were going to try the Murphy bed in desperation in the middle of one night, but that would have required moving the couch and two tables, so we decided not to do so. Although the loveseat was also very uncomfortable, I slept on it one night in an attempt to ease my aching back. I asked at the desk about the mattress, and was told that all rooms had recently been upgraded to the "luxury Dream Sleeper" mattresses, which were "very soft". Our mattress was extremely old, so our room (North Tower, 1509) had obviously not been updated. I travel frequently and this honestly was the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever encountered at any lodging. We were so exhausted each day that it affected our ability to enjoy our trip. I honestly began counting down the days until we were leaving, so that I would not have to sleep on this bed again. Although we love the Sea Watch, we would not return due to the inadequate bedding.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View in North Tower
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BCTE4
Thank you for your comments. Thank you for your repeat visits to Sea Watch Resort. We appreciate your feed back on the resort, this will help us to improve. We teach and learn together through communication. I apologize for the issues you had with the rooms and beds during your stay. It is our desire you and your family have a outstanding vacation experience. We did not provide that for you this time, again we apologize. If given another opportunity we would love to know how we can better serve you in the future.
Owego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our first Trip to Sea Watch. The location is perfect! It is just out enough that you don't have to deal with the boardwalk (unless you want to its 5-10 minutes away) Close to everything but a great place for R& R. My Husband and I loved it ! Great beach access and the cleanest place I have ever stayed

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
gsmsw, Front Office Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Drummergirl451
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you visiting Sea Watch Resort for the first time. We hope this will be the first of many times. We are pleased you and your husband found rest and relaxation at the resort. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Bailey, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was alittle nervous about booking online and basing my choice by the comments on the reviews. I am so glad I did book this resort. We had a oceanfront king bed room. It was great. The view was wonderful(private balcony) the bed, sofa, two tv's, nice table,sofa, kitchen,,, and big tube/shower. Fully stocked with dishes, glasses, pot, everything you need and dishwasher. It was clean, neat, very relaxing. Access to pools and beach perfect. My husband and I came as a getaway for our anniversary. we will definately be back with the kids next time.

Room Tip: Get oceanfront..cost a little more but well worth it. We stayed on fourth floor in North Tower. This...
Angelica M
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing Sea Watch Resort for your anniversary getaway. We are very pleased that you and your husband enjoyed yourselves at Sea Watch Resort. We look forward to assisting you in planning an exciting, fun filled. and enjoyable vacation experience ever for your family.
Guest Service Manager

Been to Sea Watch Resort? Share your experiences!