Message from TripAdvisor:

Spring Up To 30% Off!
Ranked #52 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
columbus, ohio
“Family Resort with Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Sea Watch is centrally located near outlet shopping and restaurant row. Check in at desk was smooth process. We were in north tower, seventh floor; with great ocean view and view of pools below; elevators were smooth and efficient given the size of the resort tower. Our room was one bedroom unit; it was clean upon arrival; looked like newer carpet and couch/chairs; we could tell bathroom and kitchen fixtures were a little dated, but had been cleaned. This is a very small one bedroom unit; it was crowded with four of us; no closet space, so hardly any space to put your clothes and items. The one bedroom units at Beach Cove are much bigger. The beds were very soft and you sink in; not firm at all; pull out sofa bed was too soft, also, but expected from a sofa bed. Housekeeping was the biggest disappointment; our bath towels were replaced daily, and that was all that was done; no vacuming, no wiping of sinks, and did not replace toliet paper; I had to go to desk twice to get toliet paper rolls. I realize our personal items were everywhere, but considering the sand, I was hoping for a vacum at least every other day. All the staff that we encountered were friendly. Pool area is very nice and kept clean considering the amount of people; pools had very cold water, so small children tried to play and splash in hot tubs; this is annoying because these parents let their small children play in adult hot tubs, but there is nothing to be done about stupid parents. Beach access was easy; beach was great; rented chairs and umbrella from very nice lifeguard. I would be willing to stay here again, but not in a small one bedroom unit. This resort is very similar to Beach Cove Resort.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing with everyone about your experience with us. Overall I am glad that you enjoyed your stay but I do want to apologize for the issues you mentioned with housekeeping. Thank you for letting us know so that we have an opportunity to address this with our staff so that we can continue to move forward in a positive direction. We have larger units available for your family's next vacation and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Sabrina Hilliard, AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Madisonville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We just came off a stay at the Seawatch, week of 6/9/12 - 6/16/2012. We stayed in unit 1010, South Tower - 1 bedroom with a living area. At the time of booking, I choose a room with a Murphy bed. What I got was a pull out couch. I was willing to overlook that, but after we pulled out the bed, the sheets were used. Very used. Dried fruit loops and god knows what else were left behind. This was at 11 PM. We called the front desk and was told that my sheets were in the TV stand drawer. No sheets were available in the room. That creeps me out a bit. If there were no sheets in the TV stand, the cleaning staff had to know that they were probably still tucked away in the couch. What else is not getting cleaned/checked? Anyway, after convincing the front desk staff that there were indeed no sheets in the room, they sent some up.....40 minutes later.

The room itself was ok....dated and a little dirty. Here are some things I liked about the room and the resort in general: Great view, tight, but big enough for our family of 5; great water pressure from the shower and plenty of hot water. The resort had plenty of pools and hot tubs. And the landscaping was nice. Elevators were good/fast. Plenty of pool chairs were available, unlike places we have stayed in the past were we felt like it was a battle to carve out a spot near a pool.

Now the rest of the bad. The pools were super cold all week. Ice cold. My kids could handle it, but not me or my wife. The hot tubs were crowded due to the cold pools. The only bathrooms on the facility for pools use are on the 2nd floors of the North & South Tower. And it was like a maze to get to them. That is unacceptable. People will not walk that far to use the bathroom. We did, but a lot of people never moved all day. My kids, who spent a lot of time in the hot tubs, have raw skin on their face. I shiver to think what they were swimming in...

Some rapid fire stuff: The coffee pot in our room had never been cleaned. Not once did we get checked on by the staff (we did at the Caribbean last year). Pool towels could only be got at the front desk. We didn't receive any notice of events or happenings at the resort.

In summary - this place is bad. It must be dropping fast because when we booked it back in March, it was in the top 10 of hotels in MB. Not it is down to 15. In my book, it is the worst place we have stayed in MB (Caribbean, Compass Cove, Breakers, etc). We will not be back.

, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
We are very sorry that this was your experience at Sea Watch Resort. Although I am glad that you enjoyed the view and other parts of your stay I am sorry that the sofa bed sheets were not handled properly and that the pools were cold. I hope that you were able to speak with a manager during your stay. I assure you that this is not a normal experience at Sea Watch and if you change your mind which I hope you will I would be happy to personally handle your reservation if you would consider returning.

Huxley, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We recently stayed for 7 nights in the south tower room 1104. It was awesome. Room was clean, spacious and bright. Having washer and dryer was plus. The sofa and loveseat were a little lumpy but we weren't in the living room that much anyway. Store on 2nd floor was convenient and priced fair. South tower seemed a little dated from the North tower but overall it was great. Our family of 6 had a great time and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor. Perfect distance from the pool area. Our friends were in the penthouse an...
, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing with everyone about your family's experience with us. We are so pleased that you had a great stay and are looking to return with your family again. The washer and dryers really are a plus when you are on vacation so that you don't have to pack as much and you can go home with clean clothes! We are excited to see you again soon.

Sabrina, AGM
Troy, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a very nice time. Access to the beach, family activities (we did not participate alot because we had a group of older people and only one teenager with us but saw and read the activities and it was nice), pool, hot tub, lazy river.. everything was nice. Only thing is there is not a restroom on the pool/beach level. With small kids it could of been an issue but not for us. I would recommend leaving a copy of the activities for the week in the room but besides that everything was great. I would return in the future and bring grandkids when the time comes. !!!

Room Tip: I did not know there was a spa. We where in the north tower and loved having a 3 bathroom and would...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We are excited that you are looking forward to returning with your grandchildren for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let guests know how your stay was and how friendly our staff is. Hopefully you will be able to have your grandchildren participate in some of the fun activities during your next trip.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We enjoyed our time at Sea Watch - beautiful view of the ocean, nice room, and overall excellent service. Staff really went out of their way to be helpful. Did have one awful service at lunch but every other service encounter (including other lunches) was five star!

I'm not that easy to please but I'd recommend Sea Watch to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for the North Tower
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your warm words about our staff and about your experience with us at Sea Watch Resort. I want to apologize that one of your lunch services was not the best but overall I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

It is our first day, but so far everything is great. True our room is small but we are on vacation and this is the place to be. Free parking. That is a plus. I like how Sabrina and Kathy take the time out of their busy schedule to reply to every entry good or bad.

There is Walmart two minutes down the road. Plenty of things to do in the area. Thanks sea watch for making our family vacation affordable!!
We hope to visit again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012
It means so much that you are here and are writing a comment survey about how much you love your stay so far. That speaks volumes to the guests that are considering Sea Watch and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with them. Answering the Trip Advisor comments is something that is relatively new to us this this year. It is important for guests to know that they have been heard and that we are listening so that we know how to improve for the future as well as compliment our staff when they have exceeded someone's expectations. On behalf of Kathy and I thank you for recognizing us both.

Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This was our third stay at Sea Watch and it was just as wonderful again. We had a 3BR Oceanfront unit this time, again in the South Tower. We love this place and will continue to return. I've pretty much said it all in my other two reviews, so please check those out.

I do have a few tips to share with future visitors from our most recent trip. Some of these I've already shared on my customer satisfaction survey with the resort itself and do not detract from the resort, but may be useful to know.

1. Request a unit with blackout drapes on every window. Our unit had only vertical blinds which made sleeping on vacation very difficult. Some were missing slats which could have impeded privacy were it not for our high floor. Our solution was to duck tape blankets at all windows. That helped but it's not something I want to have to do again. All units are privately owned and individually furnished, but the resort should require certain elements to be present for consistency, particularly if the resort will be the one renting the units for the owners. I hope that can change in the future.

2. Inspect your room before lugging all your stuff up so that you could more easily change to a different unit if necessary. We might have requested a different unit had we not already moved in.

3. The pool bands are new this year and are not adjustable once you size them. Take care to size them so you can easily take them on and off, but not so large that they come off in the water. You also don't want them too small or you'll be wearing neon orange bands everywhere you go in Myrtle Beach.

4. Don't spray sunscreen on the pool band or the ink could melt off onto fabric. This happened to a friend last week and ruined a shirt he was wearing at the time. The resort went above and beyond to correct it for them, but be aware of the risk.

5. Beach umbrellas and tents have to be set up behind the row of lifeguard umbrella rentals. That is due to MB city ordinance, and is nothing the resort can control. But be prepared for this if you want to use an umbrella.

Overall, we had a fantastic time. Coming to Sea Watch feels like home now. I'll recommend it again and again.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone about your experience and also for giving them some very helpful tips for when they travel. In our reservations department we often refer guests who have never stayed with us before to read the trip advisor comments so that they can gain their own perspective from reading great informational comments like yours. We look forward to seeing you and your family again for trip number 4!

Sabrina Hilliard, AGM

Been to Sea Watch Resort? Share your experiences!