“Nasty,needs to be condemned” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Court Capri Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Court Capri Motel
2610 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #163 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Nasty,needs to be condemned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Checked in one room....the floor was soaking wet in annex building,had to move into main building for one night, and then back to the annex the next morning, when i entered the room..the smell hit u at th door, i told my 5 year old not to touch nothing. The carpet was filthy, stains in the couch, nasty bathroom, chair broken, and everything in the kitchen was rusty...i checked out early, my 5 year old was so disappointed, i checked out 3 days early, couldnt put my child in such disgrace...wont ever stay or recommend anyone else to stay again

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in very bad condition. The rooms smelled the evlevator smelled, the hotel looks as if its never cleaned I would never stay here aagain. Staff is not at all friendly. The hotel tub smelled an the chairs were broke. The hotel is not worth 100 a night..

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Thought I would come here one more time with hopes that the owner would invest their money in remodeling and repairs. I really don't want to go somewhere else next year because I've brought my kids here since they were little. Not only that, the staff is so friendly and accommodating. But the ceilings are falling in as well as the elevator floor. So I think this will be my last visit here. I can't be worrying about the safety of my family just to keep a tradition.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It is an older hotel BUT they are renovating a little at a time. The elevators do smell but when you have 150 plus wet/sandy people moving around in one elevator (that is carpeted) all day and night, it is bound to smell some. No evidence of bugs anywhere. The room was great. We stayed in room 714. It has 2 queen beds, a love seat, kitchen table & 4 chairs, a chair to sit in and a dresser. There was a floor lamp that had the shade falling off it that we didn't bother to plug in and use. There is NOT a phone or an alarm clock (first time I have been in a hotel without either of these things.) There is not a hair dryer. There is an ironing board and an iron. LOTS of closet space, but bring your own hangers. The beds were AMAZINGLY soft. Better than the Holiday Inn Express we stayed at a month ago. The kitchen doesn't have much. Apartment sized stove/oven. The big burner didn't work but the 3 small ones did. We didn't use the oven so I am not sure how it worked. I would suggest bringing some utensils, pots & pans if you plan to cook anything. You need to bring your own dish liquid and supplies also. There is a charcoal grill out back if you want to grill. There is a water hose out by the pool so when you get off the beach you can hose your feet off to remove any sand. The bathtub has powerful water pressure (LOVED IT). The towels are not soft. They are scratchy & stiff to be honest. Didn't feel good at all against my sunburn. There are 3 hot tubs. 2 indoor and 1 outside. They aren't very hot though. There is 1 indoor pool and 1 outdoor pool. There is a baby pool outside also. There is a sundeck on the roof that has a bathroom up there. Honestly, I would let a rat use that bathroom. It was disgusting to even look at. There are lounge chairs up there to sun on and one of the indoor (heart shaped) hot tubs is up there. There is only 1 ice machine located on the first floor. There is 2 washer/dryer sets on each floor. The staff there are great. The maintenance staff (Mr. Boston) was so great and chatted with everyone. Tamela (I think was our housekeepers name. We called her fancy nails because she had the best looking nail designs ever!) she was the BOMB DOT COM! She filled us in on all the little secrets of the town and were to go. She was great. If I could suggest anything to the owner for changes I would say, porch lights on the balcony would be great. I would also invest in more comforters for the beds. They are stained and outdated for sure. I would also take down the "game room" part or your sign across the street. It's misleading. I would also make sure you have updated information at your registration counter. We picked up some business cards for the hotel (to help spread the word) and on the back it had a 2009 calendar on it. Doesn't show much thought or pride from the owner. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone. We are already planning our vacation there next summer. Amazing ocean view, amazing staff & priced well. One mile from The Boardwalk so noise level is minimal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in June 2013 and, yes, it's an older motel. Yes, the elevator is annoying-but WE WE'RE AT THE BEACH! It's gonna take something bigger than that to ruin our vacation! No, the air conditioners don't look pristine BUT they cooled our room perfectly. By the time we arrived we were more than a little concerned about the reviews we had seen, so we asked to see the room first. We found no evidence of bugs upon that inspection, nor anytime during our stay. We did let them know that the kitchen light didn't work and later they told us the bathroom light worked and was left on for us-so they dropped the ball there but we didn't even bother mentioning it again-who cares? WE'RE AT THE BEACH! We go to the beach on a budget-we intend to cook in the room and stock the refrigerator to save a little money and we were very happy with our vacation. We would never tolerate bugs or a dirty room-and we didn't have to at the Court Capri. The only complaint we had was the "smellevator" which smelled different every time we were in it-sometimes like food being cooked, sometimes like a musty swimming pool, sometimes like pee and once (on our last morning) like puke. Unfortunately for us we had to make several trips in it because we were loading the car but by 9 or so, someone was taking care of it. The view is great and we never heard any partying. We will stay there again if we go to the beach next year.

Room Tip: definitely get ocean front!