“Almost enjoyable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Court Capri Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Court Capri Motel
Save Saved
You added Court Capri Motel to your Saves list
2610 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #138 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Almost enjoyable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been to the Court Capri many times over the last ten years, I agree that it is in bad need of an upgrade and it could be a four star hotel again but for now it can be a comfortable place to stay right on the beach for a decent price. It's in a great location and I have always found the staff helpful and friendly. I always have electronics and other things of value with me while on my stays and have never had a thing stolen from me or had concern that I would be stolen from.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Shelby NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is nasty, old, and stinks!! Mold on the pillows...bed bugs!!!! ...slimy old carpet...very outdated! The sheets were never changed and we had to CONTINUOUSLY ask for towels and wash rags. When we got them ...they still appeared dirty. We bought our own pillows and slept on our beach towels. Management should be ashamed to let someone drive there for their vacation...spend hard earned money and put you in that nasty filth!! WE DID ASK IF IT WAS CLEAN UPON BOOKING!! THANKS FOR LYING!!!
Kelly G. NC

Room Tip: Look at room first!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shelby, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This Property should be Condemned for health violations, I have never seen a place that was this nasty and I ask them when I made reservations if the rooms were clean and well kept and they said yes absolutely.. This place has mold everywhere including pillows and matress, They never have enough towels and washcloths to go around, the smells you will encounter are unreal. Rats make there home out at the grill area for guests. Stay Away,, the prices are tempting but dont do it, I have learned a very big lesson,,, You get what you pay for in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay an extra night on our vacation and this was the only hotel that had a room for one night. Lobby was pretty nice and the staff was pretty friendly but that was all. The hotel is VERY out dated and only has one elevator. When we got to the room it was just old and dingy. You could tell it use to be a smoking room as it still had the tar stains on the walls, lamp shades, and the a/c unit still had the smoke smell in it. Did not want to stay 10 minutes in that room let alone sleep. The next morning we wake up and now we both have 10-15 bite marks on our legs so not only is the place out dated and creepy theY also have BED BUGS.

Room Tip: "BED BUGS"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Waxhaw, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at the end of July with a group of girls, we are 18, but I was definitely hoping for more. One plus was that all the staff was very friendly, especially the maids. They were always asking if we needed anything. Also, the view and location was perfect for what we wanted. The rooms are VERY outdated and slightly gross. There were giant dark stains on our carpet and a few on the walls, even broken towel hangers. We ended up hanging our towels on the coat hangers. Our hallway constantly smelled of smoke. There were also a couple of stains on the sheets and a rip in the bottom layer of a protective sheet on one of the beds. We thought that having a full kitchen would be a money saver, but the stove was so outdated and gross looking that we weren't even sure if it was safe to use, so we ended up going out every night.

Even though our room wasn't the best, we spent most of our time out on the beach so it wasn't too much of a hassle..just gross. One last thing, the elevator was EXTREMELY slow. Waited at most 5-7 minutes just for it to come to our floor. While on it, it would stop at random floors with nobody waiting. If we had been on a lower floor it wouldn't have been a big deal, but we were on the 10th of 10 floors.

Overall, if you want to spend $105 a night and be oceanfront, this is probably the best you'll get.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a floor on a lower level to avoid the slow elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in an oceanfront efficiency this past Sunday thru Wednesday with my family ( my husband and two girls ages 1 month and 2 yrs old). First let me say the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Switched rooms upon arrival due to mold all over lamp shades and the refrigerator... The maid admitted it was mold and assisted us in moving rooms. While the nxt room was better it still was not the best for the rate we paid. Carpeting is very old and dirty. Furniture in the rooms are in disrepair---chairs with holes and cracks in them. The pillows provided were yellow and bedspreads were faded and dusty( bring your own linens and pillows if you stay here). The kitchen was in need of new cabinets they were deteriorating and the dishes were filthy. The hallway carpets leading to the rooms were desperately needing replacement and the elevator while working properly was in need of a face lift there was wear spots in the elevator floor. The indoor pool was ok but very hot and muggy and the outdoor pool area is in need of some tlc. The motel advertises itself as a family motel but I didn't get that feeling. I noticed several young singles and young couples but didnot see any other families during our stay. This place is not for families and I cannot recommend it due to all the renovations that need to be done. Like I said the staff was great so the fault in my opinion is with the property company.

• Stayed July 2012
Provincetown, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

OK, so we read all the reviews before we arrived so had a good idea of what to expect. Ugh! is the only way to describe this place. It just felt dirty. If you don't care that you're in a two-star hotel where EVERYTHING needs to be updated, then by all means book your stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Court Capri Motel? Share your experiences!