Our yearly September trip was delayed to October this year. The reservations staff and manager were very helpful and accomodating to my phone calls and requests and made the whole experience of changing dates pleasurable and easy. We stayed in the Pinnacle this year instead of the Mariner building but were not disappointed. The room and building was every bit as clean, the staff was friendly. Every staff member you passed looked you in the eye, smiled and said hello as they held the door for you. It made us feel welcome and as though we were all family. What a welcome to experience.
We enjoyed our included breakfasts in the Compass Rose and as in previous years, Jennifer immediately recognised us and greeted us. Jennifer is a jewel and you're lucky to have her.
We enjoyed the free movie rental machine in the lobby. During a quiet evening we were able to kick back and enjoy an couple of movies. That's a nice feature you added.
Check in and out was a breeze and it really helped to have extra staff on the second counter to keep the line moving. Staff was knowledgeable and was acknowledging returning guests and were fully explaining the features of the resort to the first timers. No one was being cut short due to waiting guests in line.
Internet was hard to get a good signal at times and almost impossible on the weekend when the resort was full compared to the Mariner building. Please up grade the Pinnacles internet to the same level as the Mariner.
We've been staying yearly since 2008 and sometimes twice in a few years. We will definately be returning in 2014. Wouldn't consider any other location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, MyrtleBeachHotels, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront