My husband and I stayed at Compass Cove after deciding to go to Myrtle Beach spontaneously. We were told we would get a king oceanview efficiency (side view of the ocean), but upon arrival we were pleased to get an oceanfront room (front view of the ocean). I do want to make a note about the resort's website. When you view the room layout for an efficiency, it shows a separate kitchen in the diagram. The efficiency rooms just have a small kitchenette beside the bed. That was not a problem for us (we only stayed one night), but it could be a potential problem to some, so I would suggest that error be fixed on the website.
Our room wasn't ready upon arrival, but we were given a key to get around the property so we could use the facilities until our room is ready. We walked around the property for a short while. There is plenty of space for guests to spread out with several pools, lounging areas and a large beach area. The pool water was a little murky, but that is to be expected considering that children probably jump from the ocean to the pool without properly cleaning themselves. Many have commented on the overwhelming amount of children at the resort. To us, the resort was so spread out that the amount of children really didn't seem noticeable. Navigating around the resort was somewhat troublesome, though. In our building, the staircases were confusing. Instead of one big stair area that went to every floor, the stair areas were disjointed. To get to the third floor parking lot, for example, you had to go to the second floor and take an outside stair area up to the third floor of parking, instead of just walking over from the third floor. It's a minor issue at best, but still something you have to figure out as a first-time guest. Our room was ready around 2:30, so it was ready before the official check-in time.
Our room was pretty spacious and clean. Some parts of the bathroom could stand a little extra scrubbing, but it was still clean and everything looked very well kept up. Sleeping that night wasn't simple, because the sheet kept popping off the mattress every time we moved. The floor around the air conditioner was wet. It wasn't really a problem; we just stepped over it. We told the woman at the front desk about it when we checked out. Our view of the ocean was beautiful. We were on the fourth floor of the Pinnacle Building, right above the outside seating for a restaurant so our balcony wasn't private. I would highly suggest requesting a high floor. We requested a high floor, but being that it was a last-minute booking, we didn't expect a high floor. Sound wasn't really an issue, though, and that was all that mattered to us. The outside area became quiet at an appropriate time.
The high point for us about the hotel was the price of the hotel (we got a much better deal there for what you get than anywhere else) and there are a lot of discounts available through the hotel that we took advantage of. During the summertime, they also offered free movie rentals. Since we only stayed one night, we didn't take advantage of that. We didn't eat there, but the restaurants seemed good. A complimentary breakfast option would have been nice. I would stay here again; the only thing holding me back from it is the sheet popping off the bed. As silly as that sounds, good sleep is an important factor to us while on vacation. Either way, it was still a good hotel and we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MyrtleBeachHotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront