My family stayed at Compass Cove this past weekend along with my brother and sister and their families. For the last 20 years this has always been where we stay when we come to Myrtle Beach. We were able to get our rooms close together which was nice. We rented an oceanfront efficiency suite in the Pinnacle building. There was quite a bit of dust on top of the refrigerator and the shelf that the microwave sat on, but everything else appeared clean and so this was not a big deal to me. On Saturday night when we returned from going out to eat we found that the carpet in the bedroom going into the kitchen was soaking wet and could not figure out why. We called the front desk and they said they would send maintenance. We called again about 15 mins later and all the front desk said was maintenance is on their way. Apparently there had been a water break/leak in a room on the floor above us and the water came through the ceiling into our room. One of the maintenance men told the other that he was aware of the leak into our room because he had come into our room about an hour before to check (but nothing was done about it?)! At this point I called the front desk, explained the situation and that we needed another room, and was quickly told that I would be called back in two minutes. This did not happen but luckily a third maintenance man was able to call the front desk and get another room for us for the night. So we quickly threw all of our stuff together at 9:30 at night and moved to another room which was not as nice but we were thankful to get it. The next morning I took a cold shower because apparently the water leak affected the hot water, as overheard by other hotel guests who also took cold showers. Now, all of this would not have been a deal-breaker for me, except that nobody from customer service ever came up to the room to see the leak for themselves, or apologized for the inconvenience of it all, or having to take a cold shower. My husband did ask for and was given a refund for the difference of the two rooms. What would have satisfied me would have been an acknowledgment of the aggravation and some free breakfast passes. Heck, even one "We're sorry for the inconvenience" would have been okay. But alas, next time I will be spending my hard-earned money at another resort recommended by a co-worker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, MyrtleBeachHotels, Tingo, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront