“Great Oceanfront Prpoerty” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hickory, North Carolina
“Great Oceanfront Prpoerty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and had a few days of vacation and decided to go to the beach over Valentines Day. We called Compass Cove in Myrtle Beach. Everything was great especially the daily breakfast buffet. They have several different items on the buffet and the food is really good. You can also make your own waffle.

Room Tip: We enjoy the oceanfront rooms the best. You can hear the ocean as the waves come in.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Al C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at Compass Cove Resort! We are thrilled to hear that you and your wife were able to spend your Valentine's Day with us. We hope that we can be your choice destination when visiting the Myrtle Beach area! Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you soon!

2,488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been going to Compass Cove for almost 10 years, twice a year, on a golf package. Two things have been a constant...Jeannie in the golf department & Jennifer in the resort's dining area. Both of these women have always been a joy to deal with. I deal w/ Jeannie as I'm planning my trip down. She's always very friendly on the phone & even recognizes my voice each time as I call. She has never let me down. And then there's Jennifer. Each morning my friends & I drag ourselves to the dining area for their breakfast buffet. The food is always good...the waffles are always great! But Jennifer is beyond all of that. She always has a smile on her face & I truly look forward to seeing her. She always makes time to talk w/ me so we can catch up w/ one another & I really can't brag enough about her. I don't know how the resort rewards it's employees for great service but whatever it is she has earned it 10 fold. I took my family there this past summer and my wife finally got to meet the woman I always brag about in Myrtle. Jennifer wasted no time in joking w/ my wife like they'd know each other for years. What a great lady. Thanks Jennifer.

Room Tip: If you need the room the 3 b/r OF room is great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Steve M.,

On behalf of Jeannie and Jennifer, we would like to thank you for your continued patronage with us here at Compass Cove Resort! Guests like you are what make our jobs fun! We are so glad to hear that your stay this year was, yet again, a great one! As you know, we take great pride in our staff and will ensure that your comments make their way to Jeannie, Jennifer and all departments in between! We hope that you are able to make it back to Compass Cove this summer to do a little more golfing! Again, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we hope to see you in the upcoming months!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a fantastic stay at Compass Cove the other night. Check-in was an easy process. Brittany and Dusty answered lots of my questions and patiently even with people behind me. The hot tub outside was great! I recommend the King Suite for the view and the bed was super comfy. The GM Justin saw me out on property and was super friendly as well. Coming back to the Cove soon!

Room Tip: Oceanfront King Suite, high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Billyintegrity89,

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of your recent stay with us at Compass Cove Resort! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff left a memorable impression with you! Here at Compass Cove we take great pride in our employees and will definitely pass along your comments to the appropriate departments. It is great to hear that you were able to take full advantage of the amenities on property, including the outdoor hot tubs! We hope that you are able to visit with us again soon and again, thank you so much for your comments.

Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed here many time and i'm usually pleased, but this time when I booked and ocean front cabana what I got was a bottom floor room behind the big blue tiki hut. This building blocks your whole ocean view, you have to leave your balcony to even see the ocean, yet they will still charge you ocean front price. When I walked back in to the reservation area the guy behind the counter said " I already know what you're going to say and we are all booked up" I said " that's terrible and you really shouldn't charge people for an ocean front room when you cant even see the ocean and a warning when I checked in would have been nice" he said " we have to list it as ocean front because it's on the ocean front side" I think it's really sad that they have obviously had enough complaints that I didn't even have to say a word yet they still charge people Ocean front prices and continue to ruin their guests time. When you are expecting to wake up and have coffee on your balcony while looking at the ocean and you get a big blue building instead not a good look for your hotel. My husband and I did notice that the room above us didn't seem to have anyone in it all night or the next day and didn't have a blocked view yet they were all booked up. There are to many hotels in MB to not accomidate your guest they can go elsewhere, loved this hotel but won't make this mistake again. BEWARE OF ROOM 112 THERE IS A SPECIAL REQUEST BOX WHEN BOOKING A RESERVATION MAKE SURE IF BOOKING OCEAN FRONT THAT YOU SAY NOT ROOM 112!!! maybe if enough people request to not be put in that room they will stop trying to rip people off, whoever thought putting a tiki hut in front of an ocean front room was a moron

Room Tip: Dont book ocean front room 112 view is blocked completly
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear bjm3299,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us at Compass Cove Resort and for your continued patronage. I would like to apologize that this trip was not as enjoyable as those in the past. Your comfort is our main priority and I am sorry that we could not accommodate you with a different room. During the winter months, many of our rooms undergo renovations as we are always striving to improve our resort for our guests. I hope you know that we do understand your frustration and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss the details of your stay. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at Compass Cove Resort.

Kind regards,

Taylor Robinson
Front Office Manager
taylor.robinson@compasscove.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ireally enjoyed my stay at this hotel!n I visited for the first time in January of this year, which is off-season. The pools were open, all jaccuzis operating, and the lazy river. Bar/restaurants in the hotel were great. The bartender Danielle is so much fun and makes your experience that much better. I recomend this place 100 percent!

Room Tip: Haqndicap rooms have a huge bathroom!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear PinkyANB,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent January stay with us at Compass Cove Resort! We hope that you were able to enjoy our many heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs and lazy rivers! At Compass Cove we pride ourselves on our tremendous staff and are thrilled that Danielle was able to make your stay even more fun and memorable, we will gladly pass along your comments to her and our entire staff! Again, thank you so much for your kind words and we greatly look forward to seeing you again!

Grand Bend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

\just a short distance from the Myrtle Beach Internation Airport, I recently made an overnight stay at this resort. I was somewhat concerned about the up front "resort" charge of twleve dollars. Next time I use an online service to book my room, I will make absolutely certain that there are no hidden extras. The check in process went smoothly and I was directed to a recently renovated "Schooner" room which had a spectacular ocean view. The room was very clean and all of the amenities were satisfactory. After a peaceful night's sleep, I awoke to a fabulous breakfast and was on my way. I visit Myrtle often. This is the first time I have stayed at Compass Cove, but I will definitely return.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear William K,

We want to thank you so much for choosing Compass Cove Resort for your overnight get-a-way! We want to apologize that during the reservation process our staff did not inform you of the nightly resort fee. We would like to thank you for bringing that to our attention, and I assure you that we have addressed this with all guest services agents. We are thrilled to hear that the view from your Schooner room was beautiful and that you were able to get your day started with a hearty breakfast at the Compass Rose Breakfast Restaurant! We hope that when visiting the Myrtle Beach area you choose Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here the last week in January, and although the weather was a little cold, the resort was awesome! They have two buildings with tons of pools and hot tubs. The room we had was an ocean view and it was very nice. The rooms were very clean and well appointed.

The only complaint we have is the beds just suck. Mine had an incline in the center of it that caused me to roll to one side or the other, and the couple I was with complained that their bed felt worn out.

Other than the beds, I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Wyomingdan,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your most recent stay with us here at the Compass Cove! I am sorry to hear that you were not able to fully relax while you were staying with us. I have already addressed this issue with our management staff in an effort to resolve the issue. I am glad you were able to use our many pools and hot tubs throughout the property. I hope that we will see you again soon and please feel free to contact me with any concerns!

Justin Walton
Night Manager
justin.walton@compasscove.com

Been to Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!